Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

They even have the sliding junk on the E46 CSL I believe. It's the first part to be thrown in the bin as they can't perform as well as needed. :roll:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Mats wrote:They even have the sliding junk on the E46 CSL I believe. It's the first part to be thrown in the bin as they can't perform as well as needed. :roll:
Here Iceman..read this.. 8)

"Found this info reading an article about the Z4M Coupe on the Winding Road website. Interesting:

"For everyday drives, the compound brake system with single-piston floating calipers is fantastic. On the track, however, there is apparently a strategy to keeping brake fade to a minimum during long hot sessions. Advises Gerhard Richter, head of development at the M division: “You should take two laps to build intensity, then do four or five laps very hard. After that, take one very easy lap to cool off the rotors and then you’re able to drive as hard as you like for as long as wish.” We did this and, lo and behold, it works."

http://www.windingroad.com/features-page/bmw-z4-coupe/

It's time to take the Schnitzer M Coupe onto the track so I'm going to give this a try (assuming it applies to all M-Car brakes).

There's also a good write-up on the new M3 with a spine-chilling video clip of the beast in angry mode. They're using fixed cameras and the shot of the M3 roaring through the twisties is pure goose bump material.

http://www.windingroad.com/videos/
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Yeah, I usually have 7 laps to spare in the beginning of each session... :roll:

Pretty stupid if you ask me.
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

Short question. Sale is pending. I have possibility to buy either used Brembo 4 pot calipers or gta calipers. Which way would you guys go? I really want to keep 15'rims. (yes I have read the whole topic yesterday)
thanks,
Pete
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Pete,GTA Brembo`s are too big for a 15" wheel..Try the smaller GTV Brembo ,that will fit with a smallish disc..

Pic is GTA Brembo`s for my new Giulietta.
Attachments
DSC00135.JPG
DSC00135.JPG (154.54 KiB) Viewed 7477 times
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

8)
Attachments
DSC00134.JPG
DSC00134.JPG (157.42 KiB) Viewed 7474 times
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

What will work using a 290mm disc is Alfa 166 Brembos..
Attachments
DSC00137.JPG
DSC00137.JPG (134.25 KiB) Viewed 7478 times
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

8)
Attachments
DSC00138.JPG
DSC00138.JPG (136.57 KiB) Viewed 7472 times
brookstroutr
Gold
Gold

Post by brookstroutr »

Barry,

Are the 166 Brembos a bolt onto the GTV6 and what about rotors?

The new V8 M3 is a monster!
Regards,

N. G. Brooks Robinson
'84 GTV6
'84 M635CSi
Nikoror
Gold
Gold

Post by Nikoror »

Not bolt-on. The stock 166 rotors are 310x28
Rice SAE
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Had a look at the 159 calipers the other day, looks really good and they are radially mounted.
Big fat monoblock Brembos. :)
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

Thanks Barry, I guess that 166 calipers showed up for the first time in this thread. Which rotors should I look for? Any readily available or custom work?
Gee I guess you re not too concerned about scratching that green gtv are you :D?
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Pete,trust me,they were meticulously put down on that bonnet.Not a blemish..

I would look at BMW E30 front discs..Ive used them with Volvo cal`s before and they are very good.
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

the original calipers only work with big discs if you use a spacer. I have 305mm rotors, 28mm thick (166 or 159 I think) with the original gtv brembos, by way of replacing the original spacer set in the calipers, with thicker ones.
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

Thanks guys, helpful and infrormative as usual. :)
But, I have dug through catalogues and found out that the biggest rotors available in E30 (M3) were 280mm :?: Is it worth the hassle to go with just 11mm larger rotors? Or I just cant find the 290mm ones? (which is likely, never been good at finding things :lol: )