Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Floor mounted pedal box setup

Post by Zamani »

If I use a floor mounted pedal box setup, how do I mount the brake booster? Im assuming I have to get a floor mounted compatible setup. Can’t imagine having brakes with no booster though.
Dr. Alban
MD
Verde
Verde

Re: Floor mounted pedal box setup

Post by MD »

Consider two VH44 inline vacuum boosters. One for the front circuit and one for the rear. Much like the 70's 105 sedans used.
Attachments
Berlina VH44 boosters.jpg
Berlina VH44 boosters.jpg (146.07 KiB) Viewed 117 times
VH44.jpg
VH44.jpg (127.67 KiB) Viewed 117 times
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Thanks MD, I wonder how the brake feel would be. But I’ll look into it.

by the way, I found an imposter on Farcebook who claims to be MD. But I know it wasn’t you, because you wouldn’t break your word. I mean, Facebook still doesn’t have a centerfold so I doubt you’ll ever join. But just so you know he has some really great ideas on how to fix Alfas…..
:mrgreen:
Dr. Alban
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hi Buddy. I drove a 2 litre Berlina around for a couple of years as a road car and the brake feel was typical of boosted road cars. A bit of a disconnect but effective braking (within reason).

My 4 cylinder race cars have drop down pedals with 6.5 : 1 lever length ratio. I do not use any boosters. Pedal feel of course has much more feedback. A bit like power steering vs a manual rack. You have to put the effort into it to get the gains. However, with your pedals being on the floor you can hardly increase their length without your knees being behind your ears under brakes.

I guess try no boost first and if your eyes don't pop out from the pedal exertion you're good to go. Failing that boost away- don't see you have a choice.

Facebook. The Duckster has a lot to answer for. He dobbed me in. I bet at school they never called him Duk. I am thinking more like stool pigeon. Listen for rocks on your roof Howard. :mrgreen:
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse