PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

OK. So I'm gonna buy the vac bleeder, new copper lines, second, bigger (grrrr!) bmw MC, and keep you posted on results (which may take some time cause I killed my clutch on thre track this weekend :cry: )
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

copper lines?!?!?!?..think you mean steel

buy the vac bleeder and make 100% sure all air is out of the system befor moving forward.....when you think your done stick the tappered adapter on the bleeder and hold it with some force inside the hole in the reservoir that feeds the brakes...you may pull a few small bubbles from here...and dont forget to tape those bleed screws so you dont suck air in around them

also when you think your done tap the calipers with a screwdriver handle you may pull a few more little bubbles out

when your done take it for a run around the block and then try bleeding it again and see if you can get any last air out...you shouldnt but might get the tinyest bit out
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

I just thought .....did you bench bleed the master cylinder before you hooked up your lines to the calipers?

By 'bench bleed' I mean to put tubes from the MC outlets (all) into the resivoir and pump until you get no bubbles anywhere. Then hook up your lines to the calipers. Then bleed as normal.

Scott
kterkkila
Gold
Gold

Post by kterkkila »

I've heard about BMW master cylinders with different piston size for front and rear brake. Does anybody know about those? What sizes are available?
Kimmo / alfatune.fi
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

i had one from a mercedes on my 33 with 164 callipers up front. that used two sizes piston in the MC. wish i had known this before i bought it because the 33 uses a diagonally split brake circuit.... :oops:

It caused the car to pull hard on the steering wheel when you braked. :( was later solved by using a BMW MC.

Don't really know about the sizes anymore, something like 23/19mm. :?
Drive it like you stole it...
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

From memory, I can't find the data:
I have ones searched through an ATE catalog and found a cylinder with a stepped size 23/19 same mounting interface as a 75 but couldn't figure out from what car it came.
I vaguely remember something of an old MB 250 cylinder.....
Banned.. ? ;-) Daily donky.. ==> BMW 325d Image
E36M3 (3.0) Ringtool :twisted: ==> definitely BANNED!

AR 75 TS Ringtool '90, AR Spider 2000 veloce '79
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

i believe it was a 300TD from around 1990... :wink:

33 uses the same mounting as a 75, so it could be the one... :?
Drive it like you stole it...