Que Boludo
Gold
Gold

How do we bleed our brakes?

Post by Que Boludo »

Do you use air pressure from the top-up tank, suction from the bleed nipples?

Sequence, front first, rear left?

Clutch bleeding?

I personally have an assistant in the car that will pump the pedal. Then hold the pedal down whiles I open the nipple witch is connected to a transparent hose so I can see if any air is present, then close it before the stroke of the pedal is reached.

I do the back first, working on the outer piston first then go to the front.

Seem to work for me
I maka de list, you Justa geta the parts - OK! Wise words from the great master Toni Baloney – Ginger Fingers.
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

I take my shirt off, play with the nipples - then bleed the brakes.

Important rule - NEVER pump the brake pedal all the way down when bleeding the brakes ! You will fak the master cylinder up.
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Start with Furtherest point from MC then in, so start with rear right calipers outer nipple etc (rear calipers have 2 bleed nipples each)last will be left front caliper(1 bleed nipple from memory). Keep checking the level of brake fluid in MC frequently, cause if it runs 'dry' you gota start again :wink:

I've found the pressure method best, but theres no reason why other methods don't work well too
If you're a real guru you could bleed all the brakes at once with press method but you'd need a big res/tank to do it :D

Clutch is easy as theres only one bleed nipple

When the air bubbles are tiny you're nearly there......these little bastards are hard to get out, thats why after a day or 2 coming back to bleeding the brakes these bubbles of air have joined together forming bigger bubbles you can get out! (my humble theory any way) :D

good luck