tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

DBA rotors

Post by tImBoWe »

Hey any of you Aussies know weather DBA make a rotor to fit our cars? Or a good slotted crossed drilled rotor for use with as tandard calliper? Also can anyone recommend a good pad for spirited road use that doesnt dust out the wheel all the time?
Mezevenf
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Mezevenf »

Hey,

I have cross drilled rotors on my car that fit under the calipers (both front and rear). I can't remember the brand name, I'll find out for you.
Bernard M (AKA Mef - Mezevenf)

1986 75QV 3.0L 24v V6 - Silver
1985 GTV6 2.5L 12v V6 - Red
1999 166 3.0L 24v V6 - Red

NightSpec
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Hey,Ive got...oh,never mind...Im South African.... :wink: :wink:
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Rotors

Post by tImBoWe »

No Barry. Its all right. You can tell me. The planet is becomming smaller on a daily basis.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

tImBoWe

First up, please don't take this as personal rebuff. It is just my reaction to what I think is a tiny issue but so many people just go on about as if it was a critical one. Brake dust.

In making the right brake material, the manufacturers have a huge job. Does anyone out there beleive that they actually go out of their way to piss people off by making product to get their customer's wheels dirty? Yet you get so many critics that go on about this trivia that it turns me insane. Often the comment is like, they stop brilliant but they get my wheels dirty. For goodness sake, we drive sports cars. They get dirty. They get paint chips. They get broken windscreens. We wear the tyres out four times faster than grandad in the limo. We get wind in the hair when the top is down and it is hard to comb the knotts out later. Our passengers tend to get more skidmarks in their underwear than usual from the speed we corner at. SO WHAT !!!!

Wear the dust with pride I say. It is irrelevant.

OK, now for the spit polish and pampered pooch brigade , it's your turn...
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

MD wrote:We get wind in the hair when the top is .
Hey MD,

Wind in the hair,
is ok,
Wind from "back there",
is not ok.

Just my $0.02.

I was looking into DBA too but no dealers here. So I'm gonna get stock Brembo Toyota Supra discs for my 75. I'm a little unsure about the drilled and slotted ones. Some manufacturers say "slotted discs are not meant for competitive driving :shock: ".
bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Post by bteoh »

Tim,

DBA makes front slotted rotors (DBA 668SR & 668SL) and retail for about AUD$200 each. Takes about 3 weeks to get them to Perth as they have to be made up by DBA themselves.

Cheers
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

:D Hey Tim,That was a bit of tongue in cheek humour there...never even heard of DBA,never mind Australia...

When Id finnished my white gtv late 80`s I also went around looking for "dust discs"..hell,say that fast!!
Let me tell you,soon found out you either want to brake,or you want a clean wheel....You cannot have both.

You should run Ferrodo ds 3000 on a std. disc....as you apply brakes,you see all this mettalic dust coming off the front..
THATS DISC MATERIAL!! Not pad material....
Attachments
Check the wear on this disc....lasted less that a year..
Check the wear on this disc....lasted less that a year..
0.020` bearings 003.jpg (146.62 KiB) Viewed 11349 times
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Let me tell you,soon found out you either want to brake,or you want a clean wheel....You cannot have both.
AH the soccer gods have smiled upon my epistle again. Thank you Bazza, thank you. (You'll get the money soon).

BTW Never heard of DBA eh? Think it stands for Disc Brakes Australia.

Z man I am releived you only have flatulence concern but you haven't got the total shits. Trust me, that soot covered front wheel look will grow on you. Very Mucho !! :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

rotors

Post by tImBoWe »

Thanks for the replies. I have DBA cross drilled and slotted rotors on my "HOLDEN" ute ( heard of them?). They are beaut mate! BTW can anybody tell me the OD of the standard disk?

Cheers Dudes.
la_strega_nera
Platinum
Platinum

Post by la_strega_nera »

If you are going to drive the car hard, steer well clear of cross drilled rotors. They crack from the holes and eventually can disintigrate resulting in you and your car poking an Alfetta shaped hole in the scenery.
DBA do do slotted rotors for the Alfetta chassis cars, DBA 668S for front venteds (GTV6/75/90), DBA 667S for the rears.
the 4 cylinder cars are different numbers depending on years. Their catalogue is available in PDF format at www.dba.com.au

Ben
Mericet
Gold
Gold

Post by Mericet »

You can always paint the wheels a dark grey (brake dust colour). Then nobody will know your wheels are in fact dirty.
Neil C.

85 GTV 6 "Benna della ruggine e mangiatore dello zoccolo"
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

For V6 and TS cars, it's 269mm OD for the front disks.
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Rotors

Post by tImBoWe »

Cheerz muchly chaps! When I got the DBAs for the ute, the parts dude said "Here try these pads. They are the same as the cops use". Now I find myself constantly washing the mags to keep the dust off! I not only like my cars to go well, stop good and handle, but also to look presentable. Not unlike your examples! After the rust is sorted shes going to recieve a birthday. New Simmons wheels. Cant have those babies getting too dirty. BTW fitted up some Bilsteins inthe weekend. Man they are nice! :D