Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Yes Z,Probably all of the above would require a spigot adaptor ot be made..
The critical part is whether the spigot hole intrudes on the 98mm pcd.If it does,not usable..
You want the studs in the disc,not the spigot adaptor..
:D
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Wow, that's a lot of rotor information. Thanks Barry. I am not sure what route the owner will want to go. As I see it there are three choices.
1. Leave the system as it is. It does work well in normal driving, at least right now.
2. Replace the big calipers with stock units.
3. Find and machine bigger rotors to fit the big calipers. I will contact him soon to see what he wants to do.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

No Bazza, it will work, check this out:

http://www.alfapower.nu/gallery/album416/aby
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Annoying to have to unscrew the caliper every time you want to bleed it... :?
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

brakeworld.com can get you alfa rotors.... just check the brembo site for the exact part number.... the only problem is that they will tell you it will take 60-90 days for them to arrive on the next boat shipment (i have been waiting 90+). talk to john montgomery.

remember not to sweat drilled or slotted part numbers. find the smooth disc and brake world machines it upon arrival.
V
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

When you guys buy rotors do you check the vane design? I noticed that on my old 300mm Supra rotors used on my 75, the vanes are less thick (so more vanes) than the Supra rotors I get from Pep Boys (not sure what brand).

Just think about it, you buy bigger rotors expecting better performance on the track. You end up with nothing more than more rotational mass which heats up easily.

So I guess my point is, not all rotors are made the same.

For my next rotor I'm not sure what to go with. Maybe original E36 M3 rotors made by either Brembo or Bolo? I guess the least I would go for are rotors made by Brembo.
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

996 ceramic jobs.... do it, do it :lol:
Dennis
Gold
Gold

Post by Dennis »

This definitely is the Girling 240 caliper. You can fit the ES30 discs without any problems, you just need to mount the caliper with a 1mm spacer to center the caliper because the ES30 discs are 284x24mm. I have the same setup, heavy!, but it works great.

I would get the ES30/SZ discs and forget about it. Easy and probably cheaper then machining some others. On the other hand, you could look at wilwood rotors and have a center machined. Easier to quickly replace if you are in the US.
'81 GTV6 3.0 QV
'91 75 TS (track)
'02 BMW 330i Touring