Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

pretty nice
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Brake Booster? Anything that can replace it?

Post by Zamani »

Is it possible to use a 75 TS booster with the 75 V6 pedal assembly without any pedal assembly modification?

I have a 164 booster and a modified pedal box, but I would rather just change the booster without messing with the pedal assembly.
Dr. Alban
killaz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by killaz »

Zamani wrote:Is it possible to use a 75 TS booster with the 75 V6 pedal assembly without any pedal assembly modification?
No it's not since it is decentered quite a lot. You need to take of pedals and modify plastic spacers (cut aprox 1/3 of spacer) so you could move brake pedal closer to gas pedal.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

So you mean the TS has a slightly different pedal box? That is strange. Same model different pedals. If that is true, then I know why Alfa was losing money producing these cars.

I guess I have to install the modified pedal box then.
Dr. Alban
killaz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by killaz »

I know that they are different - at least on AR 75.

Check this picture below: I tried to fit TS booster on V6 pedal box and with all drilling I couldn't do it, so I took TS pedal box and changed order of plastic spacers between brake and gas pedals.
Attachments
Pedal box.jpg
Pedal box.jpg (63.08 KiB) Viewed 6734 times
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Why can't you just change the pedal box with it's booster over as a complete assembly changeover without altering pedal spacers etc?
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

I am using Bm boosters on two of my GTV's . The one works great BUT the other cannot be adjusted(threaded shaft behind runs out of thread) to make the pin potrude far enough out when you press the peddle. Thus you can never bleed the front brakes proprly as the piston does not get pushed in far enough. Using the standard alfa mastercylinder the pin needs to push out +- 23mm. Here is a pic of this booster which only comes out 13mm.
You cant just add spacers down the master cylinder to tube to build up the difference otherwise your brakes start to bind after 20 mins of driving. If you look at the pedal assembly behind booster its on a cam angle so your adjustment must be perfect. This is just something to check when changing boosters.
For me the best booster on the 24v conversion with most space is the Giulietta booster.
Check pic
Attachments
IMG_3102.JPG
IMG_3102.JPG (32.71 KiB) Viewed 6474 times
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Kevin,

Why havent you just fabricated a push rod of the correct length. Am I missing something here?
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

MD , i will get this booster to work but I need to get a die to cut a thread of another 10mm on the back and then get a similialr or same end piece(part the pin goes through with split pin) as the GTV or Giulietta. It will then work . Just had spare Giulietta boosters lying around and was much easier.