josefelume
Silver
Silver

Alfa milano front brakes...

Post by josefelume »

well, i have an alfa romeo milano 3.0 v6, i want to upgrade the front brakes, i am confuse, i dont know what to do....but i have some ideas...:

Volvo 240 turbo calipers with sz brembo maxx discs 285mm

Porsche 944 turbo calipers

Alfa romeo 156/147 GTA calipers (second version) with 305mm discs(because i have alfa romeo 164 q4 16" wheels)

I was looking a i think the gta calipers with 305mm discs is the best solution!cheap enogh comparatly with brembo, willwood, tarox kit...
but i have a problem, where i can find the calipers adapts for install those calipers into my car??how much will they cost?have any install this kit in his alfa?thanks to everybody!!
Rookie ROX
Gold
Gold

Post by Rookie ROX »

Send a PM to 'Daniel'

He has developed a few different front brake variations using Mazda RX7 S4/5 4pot calipers and non-turbo Supra rotors (about 295mm). He's also do other variations with larger rotors and what not. Of the Porsche I believe he mentioned 928 S4 calipers would be the most suitable, but require thicker rotors. But best to send him a PM and have a chat, don't forget you'll also need to consider a large brake master cylinder.

Now that's all reasonably custom work, if you want exact kits however some places do sell kits. Performatek sell a Tarox 6pot conversion kit, RS Racing sells a budget upgrade kit that uses the stock calipers (which are already decent) and includes larger rotors, adaptors to fit, better pads and braided lines.

http://www.performatek.com
http://www.alfaromeo-performanceparts.com (RSRacing)

ROCK ON
R~R
josefelume
Silver
Silver

Post by josefelume »

hello, i know the kit of rsracing and performatek, but, tarox kit is too expensive for me and rsracing i think is too expensive for using original brake calipers, for that price you maybe could get a pair of new front calipers from an alfa GTA...

I know i have to change the brake pump, but firstly i want to change the front calipers...

I will send a mp to daniel...Thanks!!!
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I just installed the Group 2 front brake kit on a Milano. It's a very impressive kit and gets a thumbs up from me.
Daniel
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Daniel »

Ok, the ones I have done are -
1. MA71 Supra rotors (300mm x 22mm thick) with ser 4/5 (FC) RX7 calipers - this will fit (with some effort) in standard GTV6 15" wheels.
2. Ser 6 (FD) RX7 rotors (294mm x 22mm thick) with ser 4/5 (FC) RX7 calipers - this will fit in standard GTV6 15" wheels.

I'm currently working on a set of Skyline R32 GTR rotors (296mm x 32mm thick) and calipers which should be finished in the next month or so. They look like being 16" wheel or larger fit up.

Ultimately I would like to combine either E46 M3 rotors (324mm x 28mm thick) or R33 GTR rotors (324mm x 30mm thick) with Porsche 928 S4 calipers. These would fit my 16" wheels but only just, probably really require 17" wheels.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you want more info.
Attachments
FD RX7 rotors & FC RX7 calipers
FD RX7 rotors & FC RX7 calipers
New brakes.jpg (209.28 KiB) Viewed 7381 times
Supra rotors & FC RX7 calipers
Supra rotors & FC RX7 calipers
Big brakes.jpg (112.49 KiB) Viewed 7379 times
josefelume
Silver
Silver

Post by josefelume »

well, the kits looks great!but here in spain RX7, skylines....are only a couple...

What is your opinion of gta calipers and discs?

is it posible to install 305mm discs, calipers gta in 164 q4 16" wheels?

and bigger??

have any an idea where buy the brackets to adapt those calipers into a milano?

And, an importan question...what master cilinder we could install for the gta calipers??

Thanks to everybody