MerrilGordon
Gold
Gold

164 Brake Master Cylinder Interchangable w/GTV6 Master ?

Post by MerrilGordon »

Just wanted a confirmation on this as my GTV6 master cylinder needs replacement.

From what I understand, the GTV6 master cylinder is 22mm, and the 164 is 24mm. That should provide shorter peddel travel and likely greater feel at the cost of higher leg pressure (not a problem in my view).

Are the two the same regarding mounting and peddel/pushrod interface/length such that the 164 unit is a direct replacement ?

Thanks,
Merril
82 GTV6 3.0
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

On the button there Merril..... :wink:
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Baz,

I think the 164 MC is slightly longer. I have it on my 75 and one of my hard brake lines had to be extended just a little bit.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Zman,Things like that are negligible to me..bend the pipe further then..Hell,Im worried when you guys have to start fitting ISUZU pickup cylinders to our cars.. 8)
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
MerrilGordon
Gold
Gold

Post by MerrilGordon »

Thanks for the input guys. Barry, I see you were quick with a response! I should have checked the Forum sooner. I have a club meeting tonight so I'll see about poping the hood on a 164. But a slight brake line mod shouldn't be too big a deal.
Thanks again,
Merril
82 GTV6 3.0