AlfaBeta
Silver
Silver

High tensile stainless fasteners for rear disks

Post by AlfaBeta »

Hi Gang,

In the process of replacing rear brake disks and pads, I noticed the halfshaft spacer and rear disk M10 socket head bolts were pretty beat up and rusty. I was thinking of replacing them with a high tensile stainless set of bolts but I'm having trouble trying to locate a vendor that makes them in this size and pitch (M10 with 1.0 pitch). I know ARP makes a very good quality stainless fastener but not in this size. I guess we could always use a coated bolt if all else fails. Anyone have any luck with other vendors / manufacturers?

thanks
AlfaBeta
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Do remeber that stainless fatigues very quickly.I would not use stainless in wheels,brackets etc..unless they are very thick..
Use the original zink and yellow Alfa bolts...these are plated,not dipped... :wink:
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Barry wrote:Do remeber that stainless fatigues very quickly.I would not use stainless in wheels,brackets etc..unless they are very thick..
Use the original zink and yellow Alfa bolts...these are plated,not dipped... :wink:
I totally agree. Stainless also relax the tension in the screw a lot, so you may have screws coming loose and such. Use the std screws, they are the right bits for the job. Very critical area I would not mess with.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!