Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

The balance feels OK - still not really thoroughly tested. I can lock the fronts easily enough (but not too easilty mind you) ... its not the backs locking so if anything, I'll have to remove the stock Alfa rear brake regulator and replace with an adjustable which will be easy enough. This will enable me to make the rears work harder than they currently are. I’m hesitant to do that because I’d like to keep the temps in the rear brakes as low as possible so that the fluid does not boil back there and to avoid overheating the gearbox oil, though don’t want the rear brakes to work so little that they upset the handling… I've just installed the SZ Vented disks in the back.
Larry (of APE) who runs this kit on his 24valve GTV6 racer reckons that no mods were needed to his proportioning valve etc when these brakes are installed. I think he also has a stock GTV6 BMC.

I'm temporarily using "Napa Auto Parts" finest 944 turbo pads :)
Porterfields are a possibility - that’s what my brother runs (he tracks a 944 Turbo). Larry uses these cheap Napa pads on his car and reckons that the brakes and the pads last very well. I think this might be due to the lower temps generated by the larger brake setup? I'll buy some more performance orientated pads as a backup and see how I do with the Napa parts on the track.
Michael
1981 GTV6
MD
Verde
Verde

Brakes

Post by MD »

Hey Michael,

Your last post had us wondering how all your testing over time would go. What about an update mate ?
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

Dude, its all ...here...and has been for a while :D I know its sometimes easy to miss something on the Forum.

Watch that space by the way - more to come this winter (well, your summer I suppose). I'm buying Greg's SC kit, coupling it with a custom intake tract with a liquid-air intercooler, maybe water injection and Megasquirt-II PCBv3 running MS controlled EDIS (wasted-spark) ignition system.

Cheers,
Michael
1981 GTV6
MD
Verde
Verde

brakes

Post by MD »

...like oooops! :oops:

I gotta blame it on JK. He's got me rattled. I have had to increase my medication. I am now on a dose of 10 fourex a day instead of the usual six pack.

Checked out your updates. Great inspirational stuff. Setting a cracking pace there man..tasteful pics too just quietly.

Now all you need is my shifter... :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse