MZ107
Silver
Silver

Front Brake seals between halves.

Post by MZ107 »

I know this can't be true, if you blow the small o-ring in between the oil journal of the front brambo brake you can't replace them! I hope this is just one stupid guy I spoke to and that if I buy the right size o-rings I can rebuild these correctly.
Please give me some feed back as I am be side myself with the Brakes on this car.
MD
Verde
Verde

Re: Front Brake seals between halves.

Post by MD »

MZ107

Relax mate. Pull the top off and ice cold one and chill out. There is no such thing as can't. The word does not exist.

If there are no direct and exact replacment parts then do this:-

Visit a facility that repairs master cyclinders, hydraulic clutch systems and the like. They will have a bunch of "O" rings that are made to be brake fluid tolerant. As long as the "o" ring is able to be well crushed between the halves, the seal will be complete.

Susbstitution is the name of the game..
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

Viton is the key-word here.. :wink: A normal NBR o-ring doesn't work well with brake fluid.

Any good industrial supplier should be able to get you those o-rings in the right size. :D
Drive it like you stole it...
MZ107
Silver
Silver

Post by MZ107 »

Thank you both, I knew this was not possible! I have a few good shops around here for parts so we will see where this takes us.
Now its time for that cold one!
Cheers!