mertus
Silver
Silver

Turbo Upgrade

Post by mertus »

Hi all,
I have just registered to your forum.

I own a 166 2.0 V6 Turbo and want to upgrade from Garrett T25.
I have learned that the T25 is a very small type of turbo handling only up to 210 bhp. Anyone who tried to get more power by modding the turbo or chipping?

My turbo is not the typical 5 bolt exhuast but a clamped circle (see attached - a similar pic of an alfa unknown to me).

Can an adaptor join the circular clamp to a 5 bolt new generation GT25xx?
Attachments
Turbo_Flange_lowres.jpg
Turbo_Flange_lowres.jpg (91.2 KiB) Viewed 4358 times
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

look at squadra tuning in holland ! they have super chip upgrades so you don't need another turbo.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

M,Like al things nice in life,its not always straight forward-your upgraded turbo wil probably need a new down pipe to suite the new turbo exducer flange..
Or you could cut and splice parts of the turbine housing if need be.Alot of carefull thought here.
If your boost increase is going to be drastic,check out having something like the Unichip fitted.This will enable you to have the fueling and ign. adapted accordingly..

On second thoughts here-have a professional upgrade your std. turbo to higher flow specs-bigger compressor,shaft,machined housings ,etc..

Keep us posted..
mertus
Silver
Silver

Post by mertus »

I am rather concerned about the risks and costs of upgrading - now that I know it is uncommon.
I may buy a cheap 2nd hand turbo for a try but also will need to buy 3 more flanges or adaptors to fit anything other than turbine inlet that will cost extra 200 USD.
twinspark6
Gold
Gold

Post by twinspark6 »

What you have is call a v-band clamp. T25 is very small and in my opinion is not really worth putting in a v6. I'll pm you some info.