75 GTA
Gold
Gold

75 2,0 TS -> speed/rpm ratio

Post by 75 GTA »

Hi there

I think I have a small problem on my TS.

My top speed in 4th gear is about 170kph@6700rpm when it should be around 185!!!

So, fellow TS owners, what is your top speed in 4th gear?

PS:
I hope it´s only a speedo problem...
75 TS Road specs
75 TS Gr N
146 TS
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Obviously you are missing that vital ingridient. It's called the Fred Flinstone Factor.

What you need is that hole in the floor and a pair of thick sole thongs. The hole in the floor is easy. Just leave the door open and park it by the beach for six months. No worries.

If you can't afford a pair of thongs, just tap any Kiwi on the shoulder and ask to borrow theirs.

And finally, get a stiff wind behind you but that's another story about beans so let's not go there..

Good luck :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Daniel
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Daniel »

It sounds like the speedo is incorrectly calibrated.
Based on a 185/65 R14 tyre (is this the correct size?) and a 4.1 diff, you should be doing around 190 km/h at 6700rpm in 4th or 185 km/h if the tyres are 185/60 R14.

If it's not speedo cal, MD could be on the money (or the wacky tobacky :wink: ).
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Daniel,
(or the wacky tobacky ).
You know and I know that REAL men only smoke rubber and I ain't talkin about those black doughnuts. he he . :lol:
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
75 GTA
Gold
Gold

Post by 75 GTA »

I´mrunning on 195/60R14 tires.

I just confirmed with a friend and he does around 190 in 4th gear...
75 TS Road specs
75 TS Gr N
146 TS
Daniel
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Daniel »

Looks like the speedo is waaaay out and not in the way that MD is waaay out 'cause the speedo can probably be fixed where MD keeps looking for a fix. :lol: Lucky Mike and I go back a way and I can get away with this but I expect he'll sledge me at some stage.
So what it comes down to is - if the speedo is inconsistent, try the sender, if not, fix the speedo. If neither of these, find who swapped your 4.1 diff for a 4.6 and swap it back. :wink: