Charlie DiMarco
Silver
Silver

Post by Charlie DiMarco »

Another try!

This is the full page link. Scroll down to see Armstrongs Milano.

http://www.serpentautosport.com/Alfa_Photos_Unique.htm
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

I believe that my MP90 is gen 4.
What the "P" all about? Some are M90 and others are MP90.
Greg, are the differences between gens 4 and 5 very significant?
Charlie, thanks for the link!
GTV6GPTT
Gold
Gold

Post by GTV6GPTT »

-
o
Attachments
side
side
p15.jpg (87.72 KiB) Viewed 8542 times
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Gtv..Ive looked at the link you posted to Motecs forum and stuff..
Are you claiming that YOU or your COMPANY are responsible for the cars on this site??Or is this stuff from Australia?
Either way,yes,these are very impressive.

Ive downloaded your car vids and watch them regularly,very nicely done..Id like you to post a more comprehensive vid of your car,longer,more in car driving,more anger..It looks to be realy good.You got something like that available?

I can say the same of Jules car...That exhaust sound at 8000rpm is just awsome..How bout Joools??
GTV6GPTT
Gold
Gold

Post by GTV6GPTT »

hi barry, the cars and videos found on the site are local cars setup by workshops like ourselfs or simualr type workshops.

alot of our work now are on the ford xr6 turbos which are the new toys down here. some in the 10 and 11sec - 1/4 mile

videos of my own car that you have are from the early days, i have more agressive fotage just on mini casset. one day i will convert it and post it.

:arrow:
GTV6GPTT
Gold
Gold

Post by GTV6GPTT »

Here are some videos and pictures of some car shows and cars we run the dyno at.

http://xtcaust.com/videos/
NOTE: Online only untill the end of march.

Most of the Supra was done in house, as well as some of the fords. other cars are from a range of performance shops in the area.

:wink:
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

We are starting to get way off topic here. Although, I am pretty darn sure I will win a my neighbor's Supra is faster than your neighbor's Supra argument. This guy up the road has something like 1200 rwhp and drives it work every day. It was at one time the world's fastest Supra and will be again soon.

Charlie, thanks for the link! I always love looking at your site.

Zambon, lets look at it like this. Basically a M62 is a 62 cubic inch Eaton Roots style blower used in a factory application, like a Buick, Cobalt, etc. WITHIN the 4 or 5 generations there are many different M62s because the automakers used different cases and nose drives in different applications. Some have throttles built in, some don't etc. The only thing all M62s definatly have in common are the rotors. Same with M90s. Look at a M62 off of a Mercedes and one off a Pontiac and they look totally different on the outside.

Now a MP62, or a MP90, is the exact same Eaton Roots rotor group and mechanical parts in a Magnuson case. These are used in aftermarket applications. They generally have a slightly smaller case and some other variations that make them a little easier to use in custom applications. From a functional standpoint they are exactly the same.

Clear as mud?
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Greg,mailed you but no go....
Do you know what charger is used on the 4.0l Jaguar v8??
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi Barry,
The big Jag uses a Eaton M112 with about 8 pounds of boost. The Jag's M112 is a very unique unit with a totally different case then any of the others and a really long nose drive. You won't fit that into an Alfa without a lot of machine shop work.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

:( Awww,damn....

Got a brand new one gratis and for free...Mmmmm,will persevere....

Thanks Greg. :wink:
la_strega_nera
Platinum
Platinum

Post by la_strega_nera »

Hmmm... *how* long is the Jag blower? how is it different to say the MP112 off of a SVT Lightning?

Got any pics of it Barry?
dirty rotten bugger sold the big procharger I was buying out from under me :(
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Ben, the SVT lightling has a M112. That, or a unit off a similar truck (Harley edition and a couple others) or a 2003/2004 Mustang Cobra are the ones to get. The case on the Jag blower is considerably bigger and more complex. Check ebay and you will almost always find near new Eaton M112 off Mustangs or Lightnings for $500. People pull them off to put on Lysholms.

The ATI Procharger is the king of Centrifugal blowers and a great unit if you are building a 1500 horsepower V8 drag car. For a fast street car you are much better off with an Eaton or Lysholm.
la_strega_nera
Platinum
Platinum

Post by la_strega_nera »

I had a M112 from a lightning or Harley at one point, sold it because the inlet was in a annoying spot for me, and the snout wasn't really long enough, which is why I'm curious about the Jag unit. (in hindsight I would have been able to use a SVT Cobra M112)
The Procharger was the D1, only good for 925hp...