Bruno
Silver
Silver

Post by Bruno »

Zamani wrote:More great stuff here. Maybe Bruno can tell us some info on the car.

http://www.scuderiadelbiscione.com/Clips%20videos.htm
The car in these videos is the Red / Yellow one that overtakes me in the 2006 Mas du Clos video. It then pulls away gradually but irresistibly.

It is a full-race GTV6, beautifully prepared by Alexis Walter, who runs the Scuderia del Biscione.

It runs a 12V 3.0 V6 (because the 24V is not allowed for historic racing). Probably about same BHP as my engine.

It runs big fat slicks, is very lightweight, and is therefore notably faster on track than my road/track configuration.

Bruno
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

Maybe it is the tires but you seem to be fighting the car less, for one thing. And i definately see a few corners that you take very diferently. I had trouble counting it off but there is this one right hander (right into a wall) that you started going in very deep with a little turn and then crank it hard to the right ... then into a leftie i believe. It looked a bit like a double apex line. I am waiting on a slew of parts from Alexis in France. I could not quite put my finger on his driving style. he was taking what seemed to me a very deviant line through those corners. Perhaps it was because he seems to always be passing, but then again maybe because of his fat slicks and light weight.
All in all a nice job driving! You should mount that camera in the center with the scuderia sticker on the right though! I would love to see the whole scene maybe even show us that rear view mirror like mats does in his videos.
Vittorio
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Salut Bruno,

Does Scuderia Biscione sell parts? Sodemo? I'm interested in the headers/exhaust manifold. How much did you pay for yours?
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Zamani, it looks like we'll die of old age before someone can make and sell us a decent set of 12v headers (for less than $1000, thank you!)
Some guys in this site are good with making things, why not come up with a good design they can sell to the rest of us? Hell, some of us would even send money up front , I think! I tried going to a few makers here in Athens, but while at first I got a "ballpark" quote for ~600Euros, upon final car examination and calculations I ended hearing 950-1000Euros from one guy and 1200 from another. Good as these people may be with stainless stuff and all, the price is tooooo steep I think and quantity talks didn't do much. So we're still looking! Geez, howmany times have we talked about this particular header subject....no end in sight! :roll:
Jim K.
Jose_76
Gold
Gold

Post by Jose_76 »

Jim, I agree with you about building ourselves that stuff, but could anybody in this forum really build a set of headers similar to the CSC ones (in quality and performance) at a lower cost? :roll:
'84 Red GTV6 3.0
terminator
Silver
Silver

Post by terminator »

Hi Guys,
Ive got a Buddy here who makes custom headers.
I'm very sure it's much much cheaper than what
you guys are quoted. What I need though is a sample
of the headers. Can anyone post a picture as well ?
If you guys are ineterested let me know & yes if theres
a group buy I know it's gonna be cheaper.
BTW I'm here in Taiwan
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

I think the best way someone can convince the rest of us of a good new product like headers, is to make at least 2 sets, one to test in their own car (gtv6, milano) and one to send (at cost) to some other technically competent member with an already modified engine to install, test, dyno and report to us all regarding performance AND quality of build. If everything comes out roses, the maker must fix a member price, a convenient method of payment (eg PayPal) and quote max possible quantity to be made and a timeframe as well as their willingness to ship their product. Thats the way I see it anyway. Makes sense?
In all this header talk, the simplest issue is dimensions. If all the above is solved, then we talk pipes'n stuff!
Jim K.
Jose_76
Gold
Gold

Post by Jose_76 »

Jim, I could never have said it better!! That's just the way! :D

Terminator, please ask your pal about this and keep us informated. I'm certain that if he does a good job and it's that cheap, his going to earn some good extra bucks! :wink:
'84 Red GTV6 3.0
terminator
Silver
Silver

Post by terminator »

Hi Jose,
I will get a quote but I would need a photo
as I don't own a GTV