kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Hi Andrew. Dom did by Stuarts old TT without the engine as sStuart kept that for the Ultima. The TT 3.0l 12v motor that was in my car went to Dom in perfect condition complete without turbos for R5000. = 500pounds. After nailing that motor in all forms of drag racing I think it has now expired!!. By the way the turbos on your car look familiar . Did they come from SA as I sold them to Dawie a while ago.
I think Dawie and Stuart with his driving and passion for Alfas certainly put Alfa on the map in the late nineties and ealy 2000's for the fastest road car in the country. They actualy banned that white GTV TT from Porsche, Ferrari and BMW track days at Kyalami because it always won beating F40's etc. Nothing really came close as the nitrous BM's could only go fast in a straight line and not last a full lap. Stuart needed to go lighter and faster as The Porsche boys were now forking out 4 mill for a car so along came his Ultima which was very succesful in the Paarl hill climb.
I have discovered this week sitting in the garage at Sampie Bossmans place a brilliantly race prepared GTV body for sale. Gearbox up front, 119 diff,ap brakes, Excellent rollcage into the lower structural members,coil overs,etc. He wants R80 000 which I think is very high in Rand value but its well done. As you know it was Sampie who put the 3.0l GTV project together in 1983 with Alfa SA. I will get pics of it for interest sake.
Guy
Silver
Silver

Post by Guy »

Hey guys,
I've still got some videos of the Ultima up somewhere, or at least on my pc. I posted the links on the old board a while ago, let me know if you want I'll post them again or is there a way to attach a video file to these messages?
Ok, JJ, Kevin if there are gtvs here in sa with carbon/glass body panels who is making them, or has the moulds? and what panels do they have moulds of? My poor car is rusting and glass or carbon panels would go down well.

Thanks
Guy
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Yes Andrew - Stu's abandoned Red GTV6 with the flared fenders did go to Dawie... Then he sold it to the guy in Durban... Yes, that car has fiberglass and carbon panels...

Dawie has the molds - call him directly for it.

Dawie has been using te white car for demo/testing, but it is sold now too...

He is building 2 more TTs with the 100mm pistons (3.45s....)
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...