Lancianut69
Gold
Gold

Re: Supercharging a 12 valve - 164 or 164S?

Post by Lancianut69 »

Hiya Chris,

Thanks for the hgeads up on EB Spares and Mangoletsi - maybe Black & White garage up the road from me can help too - heard anything good about them? They're in Auto Italia this month I seem to remember??

I read Chris' post over on the Stratos Supersite - really feel for him and the other connected with 'that piece' of 'journalism' As you say - it's supposedly entertainment - same as dropping pianos on Marinas and pieces falling off a Beta - still it was still running even though it was on fire!!!

I'm of the opinion that any exposire is good and those in the know, know what it's all about. I love Chris' Stratos, I spent a long time chatting to him at the NEC last year and I know I will build one once I've got my Monte to where I want it to be - hey, I already have the engine and box for the Strat!! ;)

I'll have to dig out that article and pop over sometime for a chat and to drool over your car - if that's ok with you of course!! ;o))

I know MS works on a 12 valve blown engine as my mate has one running in his Monte. I'm looking at using that as a starting point and maybe doing some mods to the engine before dropping it in.

I've got to get my car on the road and out of the garage so I have the space to build this lump and get it properly planned so the car is off the road for the shortest possible time! I've got a plan to use a rotted rear end of a Monte to get it all set up so I'm hoping that all I'll have to literally to is fit everything and weld in pre-made mounts.

2 biggest jobs I see with this project are exhaust and fuel tank fabrication.

Cheers

Darren
ChrisS
Gold
Gold

Post by ChrisS »

Hi Darren,

I'll move over to PM now - this is getting way off topic for a GTV forum!!
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

What? Noooo!

Keep us in the loop! :)
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
ChrisS
Gold
Gold

Post by ChrisS »

Hi Mats,

Well, I was thinking I'd keep the pointless chat offline at least! I did reckon on posting the results from my new engine build once it's finally done though, as that is verging on the relevent! Greg's contributed a lot to it as well so it will be nice to get a good result.

Hope to get it installed this weekend, get some miles on it runing aspirated, then when I do the head re-torque/valve clearance adjust I'll put the blower and all the other gubbins on and get it mapped. He says confidently :shock:

I was in two minds about whether to fit all the 'extras' from day one, but decided it was way too much hassle to have to remove it all again in a few miles. Getting old & lazy.....

I'm starting to lose track of how many places I have posted about this darn thing...I never really intended to, it just kind of spreads :oops:
Lancianut69
Gold
Gold

Post by Lancianut69 »

Where would we be without pointless chat?? ;o)) I got my book courtesy of Misty so I have some reading to do while I make plans for exaclty what I'm going to do as far as internal mods are concerned.

Fingers crossed I have a line on a rusty Monte so all I need to do is get my Monteback on the road and out of the garage so I have a bit of room!

Cheers all and Chris - look forward to seeing some pics!

Darren
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

It's the "pointless chatting" that leads to the really interesting stuff in my experience.

It also keeps the forum alive, which is very important.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Lancianut69
Gold
Gold

Post by Lancianut69 »

Hi Mats,

Some would say I'm full of pointless chat!! :D :D But I hear what you say about keeping the forum alive - conversation and exchange of knowledge/ideas is the whole point. I'm fortunate in that I spend most of the day infront of or near to a pc - I just have to be patient for responses!!

Cheers

Darren