junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Cheers

Post by junglejustice »

Its all good Barry. I just relay what the man tells me. I plan on holding one of each in my hands in two weeks... :lol:
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

John,When are you arriving?? :?:

Barry
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Next SA Trip;

Post by junglejustice »

Barry, not sure... I am waiting on the set of turbo 4 pistons as well as the other 4 sets of 1600 and 1750 SOVREN engine pistons... They're flying with me, so I am stuck! - Wanted to be there for a new years B&C... :cry: Maybe right at the 2nd or 3rd...

Do you need anything?
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

John,Thanks mate,But no,not at the moment..

Checked out Jes`s engine an hour back.Sounds brilliant! You guys are going to have tremendous fun in your cars!

See you new year..

Barry
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

YEA, BABY - can't wait :D

No teaser sound clip?

Jes
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Sure Jes!

Post by junglejustice »

Here goes, blip-blip vaROOOMM! vrim-vrim VOOOOSHHHH....
:lol:
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

These motors look great, and very well set up. What are the estimates on pricing with and without shipping.
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Hey Greg!

Post by junglejustice »

Thanks for the interest... Shipping runs about 600 USD each way if you are in a hurry and want to airfreight! (Takes 10 days...)

By sea you are looking at more like 4 weeks and you save about 30%... Prices to Europe are about 25% lower for each quote.

As far as prices to compare with your super-charger setups, it's hard to say, OK horsepower to horsepower, what the cost comparison is; I like to avoid those types of conversations. (We all know that dollar for dollar you can’t beat the hp gains of turbo/nitro/sc....)

I like to think of these conversions that we are doing as a sensible foundation for whatever hp you want to make! Dawie has found the stock sub-assemblies of an older 2.5 to be good up to about 250 boosted horses and then the first thing to let go are the rods - They either break or their ends open up! ( “…35 years of school money…” he calls it!)

The most basic setup that would give you a stronger sub-assembly and a bump to 3.2 or 3.45 litres is about 5500 USD. That gives you stronger rods, forged pistons, new bearings, rings etc and a bump to about 280 horses. (The other option is to go GTA crank plus the other goodies...) From that point its just dollars to work the top up to whatever... 500-600 horses if you like...

One thing that I learned from Dawie is that the key on an older 2.5 is to get the bottom shored-up first. Even starting with older 3.0 bases is better, but you really want th newer block oil squirters etc.

The motors that Jes and I are getting are up to about 15K USD including new generation 156 series blocks, GTA cranks, aluminium alloy forged pistons, GTA rods, GTA injectors, custom intakes, 6 individual throttle bodies, lap-top programmable GoTech engine management system (fuel and spark), wiring harness and modified coil-pack setups, lightened balanced flywheels, balanced internals, 46mm headers, front donut plates and on and on…

My target was 350 NATURALLY ASPIRATED horses; my realistic goal/expectation to be satisfied is between 300 and 350 with LOTS of torque.

If you are sincerely interested in help with a setup, buzz me at 425.941.4747.

Cheers,
JvR
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I think those engines are awsome. The prices are reasonable and in line with the prices of other ultra high performance motors. Anyone who says otherwise has not priced a new Chrysler Hemi (a real one not the Mexican built 300C motor). It's good to see someone bringing newer and well developed Alfa motors to the U.S.

I am sending you a private message
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

I'm in agreeance there Greg,

About time someone looked at bringing affordable HiPo ALfa engines to market.

Ewe Sart Efrikans or Dewingk ay Goot Job of it!

If I had an option like this two years ago I wouldnt have bought my 2.5!
Fixing it bit by bit....
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Thanks;

Post by junglejustice »

Yeah thanks guys; any day now....
The preliminary dyno numbers look good! Dawie doesn't want to drill them too hard yet - more run in for now, but this is what he got...

Just running some mild loads to check head gaskets, cooling, oil pres. etc already saw a solid 200 horses at 5100rpm in 4th, (not just a spike), but for a solid minute or so-holding - remember, this is at 6000 foot elevation and running pump gas! 4100 saw a solid 156 horses at the wheels on the same run.

A couple of data points here: A well-tuned, but stock 3.0 164 Q 24 valve makes 158 horses TOTAL PEAK power on this same dyno. Same day as the run of my motor, a 350 Chevy Camaro (in tune) made 10 horses LESS at 4100 on the same dyno!

The 3.7 peak is expected to be at 6200 to 7000 with a 7250 redline.

Dawie typically sees about 15% gains in power from his shop to sea-level and if I remember correctly, driveline loss is estimated at an additional 12%.

Merry Christmas John & Jes.
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

Sorry if I'm off the discussion but I try to keep within the topic.

Any advice from you guys where to get pistons and liners to increase the displacement of the 3.0 24V.
Which bore would you recommend.
The Q4 is about to get an overhaul and finding some extra ponies would not hurt I assume.
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Hey Micke

Post by junglejustice »

I can help out.
I represent Dawie de Villier's export efforts (Glenwood Motors) - here and we can go 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.45 or 3.7 litre in a 12 valve or in a 24 valve (164-based engine), or in a new generation 24 valve 156-series engine-based setup with the new generation timing belt setup and chain-driven (off of the crank) oil pump setup....

Email me at john@reginaceleste.com and lets talk about what your needs and budget are...? Also, do you have access to a machine shop etc...?

You can also call me at 425.941.4747 in the US.

Cheers, JvR
Andrew.b
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Andrew.b »

junglejustice wrote:The 6 ITB setup runs right at 2500 USD including the intake plenum as seen on Jes and my engines here or for about the same price one can have the 6 ITBs with the 50mm bored-out Milano/GTV6 intake plenum and 6 runners as posted before....
Hey JJ

What do you get for the $2500? is this for the basic ITB's and the twin intake plenum.

What is the situation regarding mounting bolts, gaskets, linkages, fuel injectors, fuel rail pressure regulator, throttle position switch, and so on?

Will you supply this with an ecu kit also?

This all included in the price??, if not how much for the 'complete kit' for someone to order, bolt on, set up, and drive away?

Cheers

Andrew
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Micke,Im not selling anything-Mail me for pistons and sleeves you can use-there is a lot of off the shelf stuff you can use...

Barry