junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Anybody Here Used Stebro?

Post by junglejustice »

Having a miserable experience...

See this thread under Vendor Reviews... http://www.alfagtv6.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1046
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

I have, and the muffler started leaking around the seams after 2 years I think. However, at that time (1997?) they didn't have this problem. Did you use your credit card? If yes, you know what to do. BTW JJ, why did you buy it despite what you knew??
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Dumb-arse.... You know, I am pretty bitter - as you can see - however, I have no-one else to blame for this but JvR-meselfs hey...!?

Brian J. up here has a Stebro on his Q and so does Walt S. on his M5... Both had the same experience and warned me, but both like the exhausts - I just LOVE that sound of the Stebro!

Stupid - I know...

Any way, live and learn - just trying to save others here the same pain!
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
TEM
Silver
Silver

Post by TEM »

A friend of mine has Stebro on his GTV6 2.5 - and I just had to buy it for my own GTV6 after hearing that sound :D Put in an order for the rear muffler sometime in 2004 - and gave them my creditcard number which was charged right away. I only ordered the rear muffler - but was charged for the middle muffer as well - OK, I wanted it anyways - sooo... :roll:

Well, after several emails - and a final threat to involve my creditcard company, the rear muffler arrived after about 5 months - and the middle muffler a couple of weeks later.... :shock:

The quality and sound? :twisted:

Shame their service suck so bad!

Haven't got any soundclips from my car yet (it is in for a complete restoration) - but here is a video-clip of my friends car:
Right click and save
1987 GTV6 2.5
1985 GTV6 3.0 24V racecar
1969 Giulia Super
2007 GT
DP
Silver
Silver

Stebro

Post by DP »

My experience was bad. I paid extra to have the muffler customized (tips centered on rear of car). Came stock but they still changed me for it. I was reimbursed. Fitment SUCKED. I had to pay a muffler guy to tweak it with a torch.

Never again. I'd rather buy an Ansa and have it crap out after 2-3 years.

Next time I'm going to try a custom exhaust by a local tuning shop - just for the heck of it.

Happy new year all.
Ciao.
Thanks,
Don P.