Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

98l/h @ 4bar sounds a bit low, I have not calculated anything but thats how it sounds to me. If you are going to buy a new pump why not buy one with a little more flow? A cheapo shortcut is to find a pump for a turbo K-Jet car (Saab 900 T or Porsche 9X4 turbo).
Same with the 270cc injectors, they are not really a big step up from the 230cc standard parts...

The parts might work with a small power increase but you will soon hit the roof again, and also, what are you cgoing to use for control? Bigger injectors with stock ECU will bring problems...

When I bought my manifold about six years ago it cost me somewhere around 4500 SEK, if it's available still I bet the price has gone up though.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Fris75turbo
Gold
Gold

Post by Fris75turbo »

My plan is to buy Squadra Chip, intake or both cams, maybe some works on intake and exhaust ports, evo-manifold (if i ever find one :( ), exhaust and then (or first) pump and injectors.
This kind of mods can give me around 200hp?
In that case, pump with 98l/h will be work for that power, becouse 40l/h is good quantity for 100hp, right? I mean 200hp=80l/h :?
You anyway suggest me to freely go on more power pump and bigger injectors? Okay :D
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

If you really want to be able to "unlock" the engine you should go for an aftermarket engine management system, the LE2-Jet system will never be a good system on anything other then a std engine.
As soon as you change injectors you are screwed and unless you change injectors you won't be able to make power...

Sad but true
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Completely agree with Mats.... not that I know anything about the 1.8 engine management system, but the two beautiful things about turbo engines are the growth potential, and the way they respond to changes.

Why anybody would go out and buy a "chip" in an aftermarket application is beyond me completely, and I think almost foolish, especially if you know that you will want to access growth potential that is going beyond what the chip will provide.

If you want an original looking car with more poke, then good choice. otherwise get an ECU. Almost any of them are good these days. Jeez, the EMS (S for Stress) has what appears to be an absolute cracker on the market for chips, compared to what they all used to cost.
Fixing it bit by bit....
Fris75turbo
Gold
Gold

Post by Fris75turbo »

My friend finally find today one #10548 intake cam :D

Mats, do you have some "tip's & trick's" advice for cam's and ignition set's and timing? :wink:

Regards 8)
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Nope. :roll:
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
karmat
Silver
Silver

Post by karmat »

Sasha,

If you are looking for a way to get your fuel Octane rating up for that turbo car, here is a cheap solution friends of mine used to use on their Audi S4 Quattro cars (original S4). I had an S4 as well but not enough boost to matter since I had the stock turbo setup. Anyway, see if you can get your hands on this:

http://www.elektro.com/~audi/toluene/

Karl
Fris75turbo
Gold
Gold

Post by Fris75turbo »

Hi Karmat!
This is very interesting 8)
I must find this 114oct. fuel and try that "coctail" :wink:
karmat
Silver
Silver

Post by karmat »

Fris75turbo wrote:Hi Karmat!
This is very interesting 8)
I must find this 114oct. fuel and try that "coctail" :wink:
That's 114 US Octane... which is probably more like 120 by your measurements. :)

Karl
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Don't do it, it is toxic/carcerogenic beyond belief and will eat away ANYTHING plastic/rubber in you fuel system that is not Viton.

Not worth it by a longshot.
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Fris75turbo
Gold
Gold

Post by Fris75turbo »

What :shock:
Holly Shit :lol:
Thanks Mats, again... and again... :wink:
I have another problem... :(
When i easy accelerate, between 2000rpm and 2500rpm my knock sensor is on and engin start to "shake". That last some 500rpm (2500-3000rpm) and than stops. Boost pressure don't wanna go over 0.25bar :(
Throttle position switch? :?
p.s.-on my control panel is "dark", no blinks and secret signals, like everything is ok...
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Have you tried the switch on the ARC in the other position? Mine usually stays quiet if I have it in the "off" position but sometimes indicates when cruising (but never when driving hard!).
I have no idea what the hell they were smoking when they designed the ignition part of the management system but is sure is a waste of a nice engine. :x

I have never had my engine shake and such but you can really feel the lack of power if you try to accelerate when the ARC indicates "maximum ignition retard".
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
karmat
Silver
Silver

Post by karmat »

Mats wrote:Don't do it, it is toxic/carcerogenic beyond belief and will eat away ANYTHING plastic/rubber in you fuel system that is not Viton.

Not worth it by a longshot.
Okay, well Audis (even early 90's ones) have no problem with it. Also, if you read the links at the bottom of that page I posted, they talk about the carcinogenic issue. Gasoline is carcinogenic as well, I might point out. Is Toluene worse? Maybe so, but it's no worse than paint, and you're not spraying it, you're pouring it so the atomization is minimal.

Still, if you're uncomfortable using it, then don't. Just trying to help out since the gas is so poor that Sasha can get.

Karl
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Have you tried Methanole? It is also extremely corrosive to rubber and plastics. Toluene is much more carcerogenic then gasoline, bensene is also extremely carcerogenic but is only present in extremely small quantity in gasoline.

I'm just saying that anyone trying this should be aware of the risks and read about it and then make the decision. I know people have run toluene when dragracing and then flushed the fuel system with regular fuel and everything is fine.
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
karmat
Silver
Silver

Post by karmat »

Mats, yeah I agree, people definitely should know it's a carcinogen before using it. The idea isn't to run a tank full of Toluene, but rather to blend it with your gas to raise the octane. I think in the percentages we're talking about it is not a problem for most fuel systems. As a side note, it is a major part of many fuel octane boosters you can buy off the shelf and those are sold to run in most production fuel systems. Still, if you have had experience with it on Alfa systems I'll happily bow to experience. Just trying to help out.

Karl