Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Greg,

Can you update us on the oil consumption? Is it better now as in, not-smoking, or is oil consumption down to almost nothing?
Andrew.b
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Andrew.b »

Greg

When will the new kit be on sale??

Sounds like you've got it perfected now!!!
Andrew b
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi Zamani,
The oil consumption problem is solved. No more clouds of smoke when running hard. What a pain in the @$$ that problem was, turned out to be a piston design, piston ring combination problem. Plus some other contributing factors like valve guides without the groves in them to keep the vavle seals in place.
Turns out it was all worth it though. We now have non interference 8.8:1 compression pistons that work!

Andrew: I can sell the do it yourself kit at any time but for the full kit I don't want to commit to any date. I am still trying to get the updated parts out to everyone who bought an early kit.
Andrew.b
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Andrew.b »

Cool Greg

What is included in the DIY kit?

belt, mounts, pulleys, charger, tensioner, ????

Let me know....

Andrew.b
Andrew b
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Supercharger, TIG welded Discharge and intake port, all brackets to attach the whole deal to the motor, pulleys, belt, tensioner and tensioner mount.

Getting the air from the 3 inch round discharge port to the throttle body will be your problem, so will getting air into the supercharger's 3 inch oval intake port.

If you plan on going with aftermarket injection, or an intercooler then this kit a pretty good deal.

I am moving everything over to www.hiperformancestore.com
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Even TIG welded brackets?
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Everything is TIG welded. Although there isn't much welding on the brackets, only a small one inch long section. The two brackets machined from one piece.
GTV6GPTT
Gold
Gold

Post by GTV6GPTT »

any new pictures of whats in the kit?
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

There are a couple new ones at my new site showing the prototype one piece discharge pipe. There are now some detailed photos of brackets, ports, etc. floating around the internet taken by others. Some taken at the Italian Car Festival and I think some at IAP.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Ran SuperVerde today with the big injectors and 5.5 pounds of boost. Dang it's quick! We figure the engine can handle 8 pounds very safely but since it's next trip is to California and they don't have 93 octane fuel we are not going to push it any higher for now.
It's trip to the east coast was with ULTRA LOW boost, like around 2 pounds because I couldn't get the big injectors in time. That does almost nothing for power. There is no good way to tweak L-Jet on the 3.0 to run any amount of boost with the stock injectors :(
My dad is overhauling the original 3.55 Verde Transaxle right now and then it's off to the west coast. I am hoping to dyno the car first.
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

Greg,

Will it visit So Cal? Hey, you should have reserved a spot on the Dyno at Saturday's, Oct 1, Magnaflow event.

Jes
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi Jes,
I think he will be in So Cal. However he won't be there by Oct 1st. It actually has a Magnaflow exhaust so it would have been cool to go to that event.