Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi Michael.

As you know, the return line is not high pressure so any 5/16" fuel line will work. I have both high and low pressure 5/16" in stock, as well as just about any other size anyone could need up to 7/8"!

Greg Gordon,
www.hiperformancestore.com
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

Also, because of the low pressure you could make an adapter with a 1/4 barb nipple to male 1/4 pipe fitting and a 5/16 barb to 1/4 female pipe fitting. Screw the 2 together and you can go from 1/4 to 5/16 tube...just run the line from the regulator longer and hide the adapter..... Its an idea...kinda cheesey....but better than nothing.

scott
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 3 liter, 24 valve engine project

Post by Michael »

The 8mm to 6mm reducer turned out to be tough to find - but I eventually found this vendor on Ebay in England who had the parts.

Greg, your high pressure 5/16" hose ... do you have this in blue? I'm trying to match the Aeroquip hose I have already.
http://www.hiperformancestore.com does not seem to work right now.

Thanks,
Michael
Attachments
reducer_6mm_8mm.jpg
reducer_6mm_8mm.jpg (4.89 KiB) Viewed 7286 times
Michael
1981 GTV6
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi Michael,

I only have high pressure fuel line in black. As you know I have silicone in a variety of colors, but all my fuel line is black.

Greg Gordon,
http://www.hipeformancestore.com

P.S. my website seems to go down every weekend. I am trying to find a new host.
Silver
Silver

Post by 1166 »

Personally, I MUCH prefer to use the HP line everywhere. The cost savings is not worth the PITA of changing the low press line in a few years when it starts to crack. I get my hose from Wruth - either VW, BMW, or Mercedes hose. It is 7.5mm so it fits really nice, not like the 8mm/5/16" hose which is too loose for my tastes and the clamps 'squish' it more and I do not like that look. Wruth also sells really nice FI clamps to go with it. The hose isn't cheap, I buy it in 5m lenghts (the minimum you can buy) at about $16 per meter, but I know it will be the last time I think about it for a long time. I use nothing else and so far the hose lasts at lease 12 years with no signs or aging (cracking or checking). I change a lot of low press American line that starts to split - I hate the stuff. I think Gates has a nice new hose that may be better suited to todays fuels, I just do not like the sizing.
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

1166 wrote:I get my hose from Wruth - either VW, BMW, or Mercedes hose. It is 7.5mm so it fits really nice, not like the 8mm/5/16" hose ...
Hi - do you have a link or contact information?

Thanks,
Michael
1981 GTV6
Silver
Silver

Post by 1166 »

http://www.wurthusa.com

I just got some in the other day, BUT the packer packed the wrong hose... I'll check on the PN and let you know as I will be calling tomorrow! It 'lists' for 22.xx per meter, but 'costs' 17.xx / meter. Any foreign dealership should be able to point you to the WRUTH guy or have the stuff in stock.

They have lots of nice products, some I use and some are very expensive and I can get somewhere else, doing the same thing for less. Their 'contact OL' is a great electrical cleaner, small can, expensive, but lasts a long time as you only need a little at a time. It is easy to 'squeeze' out a drop or two at a time, some of the name brands have you shooting 1/2 the can at a shot by comparison. I also use their 'circuit board' cleaner (it is really an older style brake clean) as it works great and DOES NOT SMELL. All the 'parts store' brake cleaners give me a headache. I will only use the Wurth stuff or Wellworth (split off from Castle (chemicals))brand 'brake buddy' - odd name, but it is nice to use. If you hate the way brake cleaner smells get one or these.
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

Thanks for the info on Wurth.
Quick update on my project.
The wiring is 90% done. I'm using a Zeitronix Wide Band o2 sensor (with a dash mounted wideband guage and provision for data logging). One of the drawbacks of the Gotech is that (the version I'm using) cannot accommodate wide band input but the Zeitronix has a simulated narrow band output which I'm using to feed into the Gotech for Closed Loop Lambda control. Not ideal, but at least this way I'll still be able to use the Wideband sensor. That wiring needs to be finished up - the Gotech harness made installing the wiring pretty easy.

The latest problem is that my heater valve was brittle enough that it basically crumbled when I tried to replace the heater hoses. I found a forum post with some options since the stock valve is (of course) NLA. Hopefully Jim at AutoComponenti can supply an adapter so I can fit a Spider heater valve 8)

Cheers,
Michael
1981 GTV6
Silver
Silver

Post by 1166 »

Perhaps you should look here:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfetta ... valve.html

I am waiting for the correct hose to come in and see if the packers got it right the second time...
Silver
Silver

Post by 1166 »

The Wruth fuel hose MB 7.5mm smooth is #18959230. The clamps I have been using are GEMIE clamps 13mm gold MB #054113.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Würth god damnit!

:x 8)
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

Which, BTW, is the most expensive shop in this country.
Silver
Silver

Post by 1166 »

...so how did you make those two little dot over the'u'? That's pretty cool. Yeah they are expensive most (but not all) of the time. At least the stuff I get from them is nice quality. I'd rather it be good and expensive than cheap and shi++y! The saleman stops by and you buy, no going out looking for things. Easy. And besides, I NEVER buy anything for the year unless I get my calander!!! Gotta love the europeans for that at least. No politically correct crap there!!!
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

1166 wrote:Perhaps you should look here:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfetta ... valve.html

I am waiting for the correct hose to come in and see if the packers got it right the second time...
That also looks like a good option (much less expensive for one).
I decided to go with Jim's kit since its already ordered - for the record, here is a link to a shop that carries the Jaguar Heater Valve E-Type I and II ...

http://www.bpnorthwest.com/.sc/ms/bdd/e ... 20and%20II
Michael
1981 GTV6
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

1166 wrote:...so how did you make those two little dot over the'u'? That's pretty cool. Yeah they are expensive most (but not all) of the time. At least the stuff I get from them is nice quality. I'd rather it be good and expensive than cheap and shi++y! The saleman stops by and you buy, no going out looking for things. Easy. And besides, I NEVER buy anything for the year unless I get my calander!!! Gotta love the europeans for that at least. No politically correct crap there!!!
I can make all kinds of dots and rings: å ä ö ü ï ë... 8)
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!