Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Thanks Barry,
I got it, there is some very good information in that e mail.
Thanks again,
Greg
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

I have some Scandanavian blood in me..Dag Andaerson was a great great grampa somewhere along the line.. :wink:
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Find your roots man! Get your little shop setup here instead, I think you would like it here. :)
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

No way Mats,Mr B stay's put... :D
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Fernando,

Why I want a 24V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LYaSEhjxjc

these cars I think are on scuderia del biscione's website.
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

ok, so i ordered some 48odx43mm velocity stacks, 48mm id silicone hose, and some 1.875" od stainless u bends with 3"clr and 4 inch legs. this should be enough to fab the runners. now all i need to do is get someone to cut the 48mm flanges.

barry, on those 51 mm pipes the flanges are 51mm from end to end correct? Did you taper the inlet ports of the block to match?

v
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Z,great footage.Have to agree with you the 24V motor is a thing of beauty.It's ability to be almost a Jekyl and Hyde engine appeals to me.By this I mean you can tootle around almost blissfully unaware of the power that can be unleashed but if an opportunity arises the beast awakes and puts the dumbest grin onto ones face. :lol:
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

I agree with you on great motor but I just wish I could get them to sound even half as glorious as the 12v 2.5. I have chainged and the exhaust so many times on the 3.2 and 3.4 24v and just cant seem to get that sound that I think makes the gtv. Just my opinion.
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Kevin not much sings like a 12V 2.5 Alfa motor. :D As you know I am very happy with the sound Barry has obtained for me out my 3.6,but it is definatly much more bass than the 2.5's treble if I can phrase it as such.
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

I think the note change comes more from the stroke of the motor...Triumph's 95 version of the 900 triple has a very low note, and long stroke compared to the curent one even though the dispalcement is very similar. The 2.5 had, I think, the shortest stroke of the bunch. 3.0l 12v a little longer and 24v longer again, so the note went lower in tone each time.

What do you get for displacement when you use a 2.5 crank with the 3.7 cylinders? ( I don't know the bore size here or I'd figgur it out myself) Has this combo been tried?....why not, just because you may as well use the longer stroke crank since you have it I suppose.

Scott
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Vitorio,Hi..Yes,the intakes are 49mm straight through.The taper was done in the head section..
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Vitorio,Hi..Yes,the intakes are 49mm straight through.The taper was done in the head section..
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Well I got my 2nd plenum for cheap. This is a GTV6 plenum and the casting isn't the same as the 75. The stubs protrude the inside of the plenum, while the ones in the 75 don't. It also doesn't have the 6C lettering :cry: .

Barry,

Do you think that I should cut the plenums in a way where the volume is a lot bigger than the one you did?
hexen
Silver
Silver

Post by hexen »

Zamani wrote:Fernando,

Why I want a 24V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LYaSEhjxjc

these cars I think are on scuderia del biscione's website.
Yes, this car is owned by a member of scuderia del biscione from france.

Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

so fiiiiiine! thanks b.