Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Big bore headers

Post by Zamani »

Anyone interested in headers for the 3.0 12V. They will have pretty long primaries (around the same length as CSC), made from stainless steel, and have around 42mm diameters for the primaries. I think it should be perfect for a mildly modified 3.0 12Vs. Price should be around Euro 600 (just an estimate) excluding shipping (from europe, God knows how much that is going to cost). But need a few interested parties before I can proceed.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hey Zamani, I don't wanna be telling you how to suck eggs and I have no idea what the intention of these pipes are for so my comment is a shot in the dark but for a workhorse 3 litre I wouldn't be going more than 38mm ID if you want good bottom end torque which is where most of the work is done in the real world.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I think that would depend on how much power the car was putting out down low. I suspect the bigger tubes would help low and mid range power on a car with big power numbers down at low and mid range RPM. If you are talking about a standard 3.0 with S pistons and Cams it might not help, but a lot of people have much higher hp setups.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

MD,

Beninca and Kartalamakis are unanimous that 38mm is too small for a moded 3.0.
Mezevenf
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Mezevenf »

Mine is/will be 41mm, for a 24v.
Bernard M (AKA Mef - Mezevenf)

1986 75QV 3.0L 24v V6 - Silver
1985 GTV6 2.5L 12v V6 - Red
1999 166 3.0L 24v V6 - Red

NightSpec
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

I could potentially get something similar to that, but this header will have longer primaries. My mechanic says, longer primaries is what is needed for that last bit of power.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

What are we talking about ID or OD ?
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse