Jose_76
Gold
Gold

About injectors...

Post by Jose_76 »

I have a set of BMW's Bosch injectors reference 280 150 201. I was told to get some 280 150 151 ones, but as I found on the net that both kind of injectors were mounted in the same cars, I got mines.

Now, after more web-surfing I find VERY contradictory information about their flow rates. Where can I find trustable information about these two injectors??? :?
'84 Red GTV6 3.0
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

That's a little bit of a problem. Bosch never published flow rates for those injectors and they won't give that information out. Thier tech support people don't even have it.

The flow rate lists you can find on the internet are compiled from a number of sources and are completely unreliable. The contradictions are there for a number of reasons, different testing machines, different conditions, old vs new injectors, convervion factors, and people just plain screwing up.

The best way to get reliable flow rate information is to send the whole set to an injectors shop and have them flowed. That's what I do.
MALDI
Platinum
Platinum

Post by MALDI »

Greg Gordon wrote:That's a little bit of a problem. Bosch never published flow rates for those injectors and they won't give that information out. Thier tech support people don't even have it.
Just out of curiosity, why would Bosch be reluctant to release this information?
'84 GTV6 3.0L
'81 X1/9
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Why would they be reluctant to release L-Jetronic ECU logic? I can only guess, but I suspect in both cases it's because it's not in thier best financial interest.

As it stands they make quite a bit selling OEM replacement parts and all they have to do it match up a part number. If they gave out detailed specs it would be a lot easier and cheaper for someone to use an NON Bosch injector as an OEM replacemetn.

Most if not all Bosch injectors that fit our cars have been out of production for at least 10 years. If Bosch puts up all the specs for these injectors that might help you find what you need in a salvage yard or on ebay, but it won't help Bosch financially so why would they do it?

Plus, I can assure you the market for these older injectors is very very limited. Definatly not worth the trouble for a big company, it's barely worth the trouble for me.

Greg Gordon www.hiperformancestore.com
kterkkila
Gold
Gold

Re: About injectors...

Post by kterkkila »

Jose_76 wrote:Now, after more web-surfing I find VERY contradictory information about their flow rates. Where can I find trustable information about these two injectors??? :?
My table says that those are with same flow rate, but that's also information found from internet..
Kimmo / alfatune.fi
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

If you have a few spare injectors, check out:

http://www.ptrsds.com/injectservice.html

http://www.witchhunter.com/

Second one has one day turnaround!!
Jose_76
Gold
Gold

Post by Jose_76 »

Thanks, X-rad, but these guys are too far...

I know a guy here who reaconditions injectors. He did with my GTV6 injectors and he's quite good and a serious guy :wink:
'84 Red GTV6 3.0
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Are you sure it's worth it to track down old injectors test them and clean them. My Stage 2s are only $349 a set, with hoses and lower seals! They are all flow and pressure tested before they go out and they are new.
http://www.hiperformancestore.com/fuelinjectors.htm

I know you can save a little going the used injector route, but it's not that much.
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

I konw. I am seriously considering buying a set of Stage II's. I think you were out last time I had the extra cash (about 1.5 yrs ago)...
patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

:D Jose_76 i hope its not too late for you but i only recently read this post. i have a bosch handbook here (dont ask where i got it from) and heres what it says:

0 280 150 201 are 236cc and flow 47hp at 44psi fuel pressure (these are found on bmw 2.3L/bmw 3.2L 6cyl. Chrysler turbo 2.5L, Pontiac 1.8L and porsche 2.2L.)

0 280 150 151 are 240cc and flow 48hp at 29 psi fuel pressure (found on bmw 3.0L, Jaguar 4.2L both 6CYL)

hope this info helps and if you need to know about any other numbers just let me know

cheers!

Patzo_3L
Gtv 3.0 turbo
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

thats good info patso, and throws a spanner in the argument that no-one has this info.

Someone always has the info :!:
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Hey monkey man,you got those pistons yet??
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

Speaking about injectors....

We just received ours for the TS engines. In Finland we paid slightly more but in the US they cost $249! And that's for TWO cars.

They won't fit Spica, jetronic or any other dino stuff of course.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

nope - not yet. :cry:

did you send them via boat ?
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Tied the package to a pidgoen and pionted it in the general direction..
You are in that direction,huh? :D