Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Silicone Plenum Couplers

Post by Greg Gordon »

Well, I blew a plenum coupler in my supercharged GTV6. I am tired of these things cracking. So I have gone to silicone like I have with so many other things on this car. I am having a kit made up with RED couplers and a dozen guarded stainless clamps.
Attachments
SiliconeCouplers.JPG
SiliconeCouplers.JPG (98.13 KiB) Viewed 6374 times
Dennis
Gold
Gold

Post by Dennis »

I'm in!!

These things have been bugging me for a couple of years and red just suits me fine!
'81 GTV6 3.0 QV
'91 75 TS (track)
'02 BMW 330i Touring
Billy
Gold
Gold

Post by Billy »

Very good solution.
Red is the perfect color for it (it's sexy !)
I'm interrested but what about the price ?
Long live to snakes on wheels !
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I put them in the classifieds. I am giving 10% off for members of this site for the next 30 days. This is the only site I have them on at the moment.

They are expensive, because we went with the very best stuff. I think these couplers and the clamps will last forever. The set with 12 clamps is $129.

All the information is here: http://www.hiperformancestore.com/Intakes.htm
Giulietta24vTT
Gold
Gold

Post by Giulietta24vTT »

Very nice stuff Greg! , the silicone hoses are also isolating the intake manifold like a heat barrier ,as silicone is a low thermal conductor.

I used 1.75" silicone pipe, 60mm pieces and streched them on the plenum side to fit the 2.0" manifold tubes .
1.75 is only 1mm larger than the size of the 164 24v runners. :wink:
Attachments
Bonnet2 001.jpg
Bonnet2 001.jpg (227.74 KiB) Viewed 6272 times
Bonnet2 006.jpg
Bonnet2 006.jpg (205.61 KiB) Viewed 6274 times
Chen S
ex Giulietta 24V Glenwood TT.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi Chen,
I always like seeing your car. I agree about the heat barrier factor, that's another benifit, in fact heat is the reason I took the car apart and found the damaged coupler. I have had these things sitting on my shelf for a while but didn't get around to installing them until recently.

I decided to bump the boost up a little in my GTV6. However since the motor has 190K miles on it since overhaul I was a little worried about it so I decided to lower the T2s to give a little extra safety. Of course the easiest way to do that is to lower the T1s so I had the whole intake system apart and noticed the blown coupler. That forced me to get off my butt and release this product. I have two other new products sitting here I need to get moving on. One is a great headlight upgrade, and the other is a performance clutch. However I have not had time to install and test the clutch so it's waiting.

These couplers are really top quality. They are rated to 450F continuously! They can handle more boost than ANY motor, even a top fuel car's, so they won't blow. I have to get them custom made in large batches because the GTV6 runners are not an off the shelf size. They are expensive, but worth it.

Greg
Mezevenf
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Mezevenf »

Greg Gordon wrote:One is a great headlight upgrade,
Oooooo 8)

Looking forward to that one.
Bernard M (AKA Mef - Mezevenf)

1986 75QV 3.0L 24v V6 - Silver
1985 GTV6 2.5L 12v V6 - Red
1999 166 3.0L 24v V6 - Red

NightSpec
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I'll post a picture in the morning. It's a really good upgrade, thouroghly tested on my car for two years, I just need to write the instructions. They have to be really clear because if wired incorrectly they will melt the headlight switch or worse. It's not too expensive, about $140, replacement lights are dirt cheap about $20 each. The bulbs are replaceable and are cheap.