Fris75turbo
Gold
Gold

75 Turbo

Post by Fris75turbo »

Hi everyone!
I think to change my cam on 1.8 turbo and one question come to my mind (maybe sound stupid, sorry):
Can i simply change turbo intake crap-cam (8mm lift :( ) with standard 1.8ie intake cam (11mm lift) :? ?
Jim, Barry, Mats... :?:

Thanks for help 8)
Last edited by Fris75turbo on Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Yes you can! (and you should)

Not sure what the management will think about it but I'm pretty confident the flappy meter will be able to tell the ECU what's going on, you should have an eye on the boost gauge though and also check that the duty cycle of the injectors are in the comfort zone. :wink:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Fris75turbo
Gold
Gold

Post by Fris75turbo »

Hi Mats!
I'm happy to see you here :D
Thank you for view tips...
If something goin' wrong, always stay me safe change: #10548 8)
I'm the Rookie (not Rocky :lol: ) in this "business", so i need all possible help of you and other good people from this forum :wink:
Right now, in my country you can't buy 98oct fuel... nowhere :(
So, can you imagine what kind of "party" i have with ignition timing, becouse i drive with 92oct...
Engine is "plenitful" of Horse Power :cry:
My Knock Sensor works like light-show on some tehno party with maximum 0,25bar :x

BTW, your 75 Turbo is just amazing :shock: I'm totaly mad about Black 75's :D
Is it stock?
Probable not :lol:

p.s.-how much cost used Turbo QV manifold?
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Thank you, my 75 is quite standard actually, Evo Manifold (is this what you call QV?) and a Mitsubishi turbo from a Volvo T5 + 3" exhaust are all the engine mods. Drives very nicely with that turbo though, more power with the same boost as a std turbo.
Got some more done in the chassis department with poly bushes and uprated rear springs and Bilsteins, I also have the factory option front anti-roll bar (28mm), makes the need for stiffer torsion bars less desperate, now it is easy to drive fast and have fun with on the street. :)

92 octane RON? holy shit we can't even buy that here, the lowest we got is 95 and now that Shell started to sell V-Power we have >99 octane too. :D
Naturally I can buy race fuel too but that is a bit too expensive for street use. :wink:
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Fris75turbo
Gold
Gold

Post by Fris75turbo »

That's fuel is 95, but only in the name-actually is 91-92oct :evil:
We have here very big problem with fuel quality :(
Evo-manifold, yes! I think that's the same manifold like on Seria Numerata ('91) or QV (90'-92') with 165hp, right?
With this kind of mods, your 75 probable have 180-200hp 8)
Did you have a lot of problem to set Mi-turbo on Evo manifold?
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

I have a feeling people generally expect too much when it comes to the 75 turbo, for starters I don't believe it has 155Hp from the factory and I don't believe for a second that you can have more then 190-ish Hp withouth larger injectors or similar (well, not for long anyway 8) ).
I'm guessing my 75 has around 160-165Hp and no more. It drives really well but it's no where near what my Delta felt like and that was rated at 185Hp and had a 4wd drivetrain, i.e. the 75 can not have even close to that kind of power.

The turbo wasn't too difficult to match up to the manifold, I had to extract a couple of studs and redrill the holes to take M10 studs instead of M8 + a spacer to make the mitsu match the manifold surface. The Mitsu turbo has a labyrinth sealing surface that needs to be seated properly but it's basically no biggie, just a little bit larger surface then the 75 turbo.
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Fris75turbo
Gold
Gold

Post by Fris75turbo »

No 155hp? Don't make me cry :cry:
In that case, right now my turbo probable have around 100hp :(
:lol: :lol: :lol:
In early days, Alfa was have bad habit to pump hp only on paper :?
Today, they probable goes reverse...

Will be ok to put Bosch 0280.150.712 injectors (270cc/min) and Bosch 0.580.464.069 fuel pump (4bar-98lit/h)?
Oversteer
Silver
Silver

Post by Oversteer »

hi there!

Don't know about you guys, but my 1.8TB sure feels up to the 155bhp declared! As long as the damn trottle body potentiometer works ok, though...

Have you tried the 1.8 ie cam on the turbo yet?
Alfa Romeo... some people just polish them, some people know better!!
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Yes, it feels fast but it is only because the boost kicks you in the back when the turbo starts to deliver, it really isn't that fast even if you compare it to newer/heavier 150 turbo cars. :?
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

www.squdra-tuning.com for a 210hp chip , thats all you need for power
Fris75turbo
Gold
Gold

Post by Fris75turbo »

Hi Oversteer!
I was see pictures of your Turbo on AlfaBB :wink: You have very, very nice car 8) They are 100% original, right?
I have view plans for this winter for mia bella and one of this is to change intake cam (or maybe both :? ). In this moment, i wait my very good friend, he try to find me par of #10548 8)
He got three Alfa motors in small parts all over he's garage:
1300GT Junior, 1600 and (maybe The Holly Grall for me) 1750! :wink:
Cam from 1.8ie is my second choice, becouse it's a experiment :?
Have you something similar in plan for your TB?

Hi RZ!
Squadra Chip for 1.8TB gives you a 195hp, right? :?
http://www.squadra-tuning.com/English/EN_alfa_75_TB.htm

@Mats
What you thinkin' about this injectors and pump:
Bosch 0280.150.712 injectors (270cc/min) and Bosch 0.580.464.069 fuel pump (4bar-98lit/h)? Enough or to many? Wrong choice?
And please, if you can remember, price of Evo-Manifold?

Regards everyone!
Oversteer
Silver
Silver

Post by Oversteer »

Well, the cam issue just came to my attention due to its conservative lift, and therefore, the 1.8 ie cam could be a modification that could bring some extra grunt at low cost.

But for now, i just want to solve the potentiometer problem that's killing me right since I bought the car, last May, and enjoy a 100% stock 1.8 TB!

Well, not quite, because this set of Blistein shocks and Eibach springs have just arrived today!! :twisted:

Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Wish we got the more modern turbo cars here...

All I had was a few Turbodelta`s.. :?
Attachments
scan0014.jpg
scan0014.jpg (252.39 KiB) Viewed 11519 times
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Oversteer
Silver
Silver

Post by Oversteer »

Those engines amaze me! Mainly because they have no air cooler. It's the turbocharger blowing directly to the carbs! Well, the 75 TB cooler is crap, anyway...

BTW, what's that thing on the top of the exhaust manifold?
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Alfa Romeo in their wisdom thought it better to use EXHAUST back pressure to open the wastegate..
I,In my wisdom( :D :D )I decided to use intake manifold pressure to open the wastegate..so I modified it with some Rajay parts and some ally...

You might also notice an old " Kieko sikki" blow off valve on the intake ...
Worked extremely well..I had a lean mixture backfire and blew that nicely made intake manifold to shit street... :roll:
Attachments
scan0015.jpg
scan0015.jpg (237.06 KiB) Viewed 11502 times
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.