Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Sorrow ,Your re inventing the wheel here boet.We have brilliant local EFI systems for real good money.
Anyhow,I digress yet again..

I actually had to do a 60-2 wheel on Fernando`s engine today.
Std 2.5 front pulley and 164 Motronic reluctor wheel.
Attachments
DSC00824.JPG
DSC00824.JPG (144.04 KiB) Viewed 6920 times
DSC00823.JPG
DSC00823.JPG (155.49 KiB) Viewed 6920 times
DSC00822.JPG
DSC00822.JPG (142.09 KiB) Viewed 6921 times
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
s0rr0w
Silver
Silver

Post by s0rr0w »

Thanx for all the help Barry..

I was under the impression that the phoenix is a local system.
Have you heard of it before ?

Thanx.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Never heard of phoenix here...

For those interested...

To fit the motronic wheel the waterpump needs modifying to clear..
Attachments
Carefull kids..NOT the brightest way to do this...
Carefull kids..NOT the brightest way to do this...
DSC00827.JPG (148.1 KiB) Viewed 6868 times
DSC00830.JPG
DSC00830.JPG (152.52 KiB) Viewed 6867 times
Now we dont need to re invent the wheel (pulley) on the water pump.
Now we dont need to re invent the wheel (pulley) on the water pump.
DSC00832.JPG (143.08 KiB) Viewed 6869 times
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
s0rr0w
Silver
Silver

Post by s0rr0w »

Barry.
I could forward you the the info they sent me, if you would like to have a look, and tell me what you think ?
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Sure,They have a site?

alfaengines@gmail.com
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Barry,

Some folks here machine the ring gear down. The water pump pulley looks pretty thin on one side. I wonder if the process of getting the belt on will break the edges of the thinned out pulley?
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Zamani wrote:Barry,

Some folks here machine the ring gear down. The water pump pulley looks pretty thin on one side. I wonder if the process of getting the belt on will break the edges of the thinned out pulley?
Zman,not as long as I have a hole in my butt..!

This is plenty strong,even if it was cast iron.. :)
By ring gear I presume you talking the motronic wheel?The problem with that is that if they start getting to thin(I took 4mm of the water pump pulley)you start loosing signal at high revs..
each one his own,I suppose.
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

...or, you could also just do this... (See pics below!)

We went this route here recently on Joe's - shop owner at Group 2 here in Seattle - own little ' 74 GTV 2000 when we converted it off of SPICA to the GoTech stand-alone engine management system. We simply had the stock pulley notched 60-2 (I would imagine that this will also work just fine on the older V6 cars that did not come with 60-2 crank-angle sensors!

Here are some shots of the stock crank-pulley - notched to 60 minus 2. Actually, the machine shop just does them to 60 for us and we just cut out two teeth...

What is very important is that your first install the pulley with the woodruff key in its proper positioning, then you install the magnetic crank-angle sensor. Next you position the motor at TDC and once you have it all ready to that point, there is a very specific position where the 2 teeth need to be removed for the crank-angle signal... (I think the GoTech manual suggests 9-16 teeth before the sensor or something.)

We used the Alfa 164 LS sensor on Joe's GTV, but they are a bit spendy new. I just happened to have a used one sitting around here from one of my 24 valve projects and we used it on Joe's car (but we have sourced this Riccambi part - as in Fiat/Lancia/Alfa Romeo - for less than half the price and it works great with the GoTech!)

GoTech also sells a nice ITB setup as seen here and we are about to do a set (first on a 4-banger...)
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (86.28 KiB) Viewed 6811 times
Picture 006.jpg
Picture 006.jpg (66.55 KiB) Viewed 6811 times
Picture 007.jpg
Picture 007.jpg (61.64 KiB) Viewed 6812 times
Picture 315.jpg
Picture 315.jpg (64.77 KiB) Viewed 6811 times
Picture 317.jpg
Picture 317.jpg (92.24 KiB) Viewed 6811 times
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
s0rr0w
Silver
Silver

link

Post by s0rr0w »

Barry.
Here is the addr for the site, just take note that they said that the site have not been updated for a while, thats why they forwarded me an update.
I will forward it to you when i get to the office on monday.

Here is the addr for the site:
myweb.absamail.co.za/phoenix3d
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Re: link

Post by enzo »

s0rr0w wrote:Barry.
Here is the addr for the site, just take note that they said that the site have not been updated for a while, thats why they forwarded me an update.

sorry but thas IS a megasquirt! the screenshots of the software are taken from megatune!
jol
Silver
Silver

Re: link

Post by jol »

enzo wrote:
s0rr0w wrote:Barry.

sorry but thas IS a megasquirt! the screenshots of the software are taken from megatune!
It might be VEMS aswell, right? I think it uses megatune aswell... but seems to be something like it.
If you havent got the phoenix already, have a lookie here http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html
There are resellers that sell soldered ready boxes, aswell as ppl that install and tune (not sure bout in your area though)...but it takes away a good part of the fun in doin it yourself :)
The milano very sold, some day some other Alfa...
s0rr0w
Silver
Silver

Post by s0rr0w »

Thanx guys..
Ill speak to them in the week, and ask if they make the system or import..
Ill keep you informed..