jema
Silver
Silver

Forged 93mm Pistons

Post by jema »

Hi!

I wonder if anyone know where Paul Spruell is? I've tried to order a set of 93mm pistons from him a couple of weeks now, no respons...

Have anyone tried his 93mm pistons with 10,5:1 comp.?
Anyone who knows of another good alfa dealer with pistons for the 3.0-engine in the USA?

//Kind regards Mattias
/Mattias A
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

I talked with Paul in 2000 and he told me he could even do 11:1 for $840. Have not exchanged with him since. Greg Gordon had a set of non interference pistons designed for his super verde. Maybe he could point you in the right direction.
Vittorio
jema
Silver
Silver

Post by jema »

are there anyone who tried high comp. pistons on a 12v alfa engine? I would like to hear what you think of drivability and performance of this operation :)
/Mattias A
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Have venolia forged v/hi comp in mine.

Doesnt like cold operations for about three minutes, but I believe this is more a function of the ancient ECU on my engine, and its difficulty in coping with my cams from a cold start. I keep it going with blips until it wll idle.

they slap a little bit, but newer forgies are less expansive. Just dont go giving it the berries when its cold. I hold mine at 2000rpm for a minute, which pisses the neighbours off, then lolly pop out and dont rev it over 2500 for the first ten-fifteen minutes.
Fixing it bit by bit....
jema
Silver
Silver

Post by jema »

sp... where do I buy these venolia pistons in USA? :)

nice car btw jules! ;)
/Mattias A
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Thanks Jema- there's always more that can be done, and believe me, Im planning on it!

Venolias shouldnt be too hard to come by- I remember seeing them on almost every US Alfa site that sold that kind of stuff.

You should speak to a few of the guys on the forum about which brand has the lowest thermal expansion- Barry, Jim K, Greg Gordon, Mats, Zamani- many of us have had experience with various type of engine- my only experience personally is with venolias, but friends who have wisecos and ross pistons seem to love them too... non alfa applications
Fixing it bit by bit....
benski105
Gold
Gold

forged pistons

Post by benski105 »

iv always had good experiences with paul spruell.
i ordered some pistons off him a few years back and all communication was quick etc. would definately deal again.
drop him another email!
i know a lot of people using the 4 cylinder pistons and all are very happy with the results.
1962 Giulia Ti Race-car
1969 Giulia Super
1987 GTV6- new race project.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

I have the 10.5:1 pistons for my 3.0 from Paul Spruell. Good experience. Has total seal rings. 11:1 is dangerous with the low quality fuel we have here in California. Maybe in europe I can go with 11.5:1.