GarthW
Verde
Verde

Re: Few pics of single turbo install-Barry

Post by GarthW »

Damn Baz how much boost you running..?

Hope it all comes together soon, but yeah sounds like its making plenty of power!!

I finally get my car back this Sat, had alot of trouble with ignition curves, etc.
Cant wait to hit those rollers and see what it makes...
Had to start catching public transport again yesterday, nothin worse when your sitting at a bus stop, and seeing nice cars go by, but mow i can go, mmm i should be able to blow that car away and such, haha.

Baz, what size housings you running on that snail? Bigger than 0.64..? :twisted:

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Garth,theoretically she should be making no more than 240 wheel hp.All my "std" conversions do that.
I experimented with the actual turbo as I was politely informed by the younger generation that I was still a dinosaur with my turbo selection.
I went the Turbonetics route after some careful analyzing of maps etc..
Using a 62-1 comp ,70 comp housing,Turbonetics -5 shaft (which is brilliant I may add..)and a 0.64 scroll..

For you 20l guys,I used the dash 5 shaft on a Lancia Intergrale and it kicked butt big time..
Specs on this were :
-25 Turbonetics comp wheel.-60 comp. housing, -5 Turbonetics shaft,0.48 on center turbine housing..

Boost on the V6 is no more than 0.7 bar,cr is 8.8:1 and she sure makes a sexual departure !! :|
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Bloody hair driers !!!

I want one. :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

me too :lol: barry?
500hp will be just fine for me :lol:
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Sexual departure, i love it!

Well ok the HP figures arent over the top by any means...maybe flooring it in first.?
That i wouldnt bother with too much, once 2nd is in, ok then, 3rd is gonna get whacked!
I know when i drive tomorrow, if i floor it in 1st, i wont be driving home! Haha.
yeah turbo sizes are sweet.

Selling 1985 GTV6.

superfly tnt
Silver
Silver

Re:

Post by superfly tnt »

Barry wrote:Greg,These are the easiest performance engines to build.. :wink: The pistons are stock std. 30l pistons on a std. 2.5 crank.This drops the piston down by 1.85mm and gives a cr of 8.2 :1.

hi barry, could you please explain me how you got this number. the 3.0 has 4.3mm bigger stroke than a 2.5, which means the piston goes 2.15mm lower than a std 3.0

i measured the 2.5 and 3.0 piston crown to pin distance, and it appears that the 3.0 piston is 2.2 mm "thinner" am i calculating something wrong? unfortunately i don't know how a std 3.0 looks like inside , so did you get the numbers by measuring once with 3.0 crank and then with 2,5?

in my case it looks like this, but im going with 2 smaller turbos. cant wait to get the thing going.

kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Im not sure but our old 3.0l were different to the 75 3.0l. Some chaps here on the 24v 3.0 are using subaru rods to drop compression with standard pistons such as this car.Just took quick pic from latest mag test .
Attachments
IMG_3018.JPG
IMG_3018.JPG (79.26 KiB) Viewed 4470 times
IMG_3017.JPG
IMG_3017.JPG (130.81 KiB) Viewed 4468 times
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

I must say i love the look of the rear end on that!!!

Just get rid of rear bumper! :P

Hey Baz, hows everything..?

Selling 1985 GTV6.