alfaprince
Silver
Silver

164 ENGINE IN GTV6, HOW DO I MOTRONIC?

Post by alfaprince »

I HAVE A 164 ENGINE INSTALLED IN MY GTV6 CURRENTLY RUNNING THE ORIGONAL L-JET. I WANT TO CONVERT TO MOTRONIC. STARTING WITH A MOTRONIC WIRING HARNESS AND BRAIN, WHAT IS THE BEST PROCEDURE?
THANKS.
jol
Silver
Silver

Re: 164 ENGINE IN GTV6, HOW DO I MOTRONIC?

Post by jol »

alfaprince wrote:I HAVE A 164 ENGINE INSTALLED IN MY GTV6 CURRENTLY RUNNING THE ORIGONAL L-JET. I WANT TO CONVERT TO MOTRONIC. STARTING WITH A MOTRONIC WIRING HARNESS AND BRAIN, WHAT IS THE BEST PROCEDURE?
THANKS.
I suggest removing the l-jet before installing the motronic, from there on you're as good as done. Please try to elaborate your question if you want better answers (and use small letters).
The milano very sold, some day some other Alfa...
jol
Silver
Silver

Re: 164 ENGINE IN GTV6, HOW DO I MOTRONIC?

Post by jol »

Oh and do you want to use the motronic spark control aswell? What crank pulley are you using? Since you'll need the 164's triggerwheel.
The milano very sold, some day some other Alfa...
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

How about injectors? L-Jet uses low impedance, doesn't Motronic use high impedance injectors?
Jes
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)
alfaprince
Silver
Silver

Post by alfaprince »

I'm looking to use the relocated distributor(as on 2.5) and changing to the Motronic EFI parts. I've got the injector, T-stat(CTS,TTS), knock sensor, O2, idle stabilizer, swap combi with 2 relays, AFM, etc. I need advise on the ignition modification to keep the same starter switch, coil/hall sensor, distributor, etc. Anyone done this? Thanks, ciao.