GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Thats ok Greg, no rush mate.

Not rebuilding car till abit later, slowly getting everything i need.

Damn no @symbols in Mexico huh? :shock:

Any gtv6's out that way greg..?

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Greg, FYI - I used the standard part number from Magnecor for a set of GTV6 wires and they worked just fine with the GoTech on Chuck's 24 valve GTV6 as well...

Only problem I had was that we had mounted the Pajero coil-packs over on the right of the car! This required me to mix and match some of the longer wires from TWO sets to come up with one good-ftting set for the car. (I can use the shorter ones on the Milano 24v projects because I have room there to fit the coil-packs more towards the center of the car...

Funny, some BMW guys called me the other day (they do E30 M3 turbo stuff etc) and E36 24 valve retrofits to older ex-L-Jet E30 cars (just like we do when moving Motronic 24 valvers from the mid-'90s to the older mid'-80s TA cars) and they were looking for a plug-wire solution too!

Turns out they are taking long-thin needle-nose pliers and trying to squeeze plug-wires on to the plugs way down there in the holes - been trying to find a solution. I suggested these - we'll see.....
Attachments
Picture 097.jpg
Picture 097.jpg (84.43 KiB) Viewed 2815 times
Picture 110.jpg
Picture 110.jpg (58.85 KiB) Viewed 2815 times
Picture 112.jpg
Picture 112.jpg (66.32 KiB) Viewed 2816 times
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi John,
The standard Magnacore GTV6 set was not an option for us for two reasons. First we were using G.M. coil packs which have a totally different type of connector. The stock type ends simply won't hook up to them. Second we wanted custom lengths for routing purposes. Magancore charges about the same amount to make a custom set as they do for an off the shelf set so this seemed like the best way to go.