Vigri
Silver
Silver

GTV6 or 75 turbo project

Post by Vigri »

Hello,

I’m planning to build a track day car and therefore I’m gathering some info at the moment.

My plan is do turbocharge a GTV6 or 75 so I could use a little help on deciding. I’ve read that GTV6 has less space in the engine bay. But how big is the difference? Also would it be better to go with the 3.0 24v or 3.0 12v because at the moment I could get my hands on both.

Also it would be very useful if someone could tell me how many hp’s GTV6 and 75 gearboxes and driveline can handle?

And I would also be very grateful for other useful info.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

GTV,Giulietta,75........its really personal preference I think...
I like the front opening bonnet /hood of the Giulietta and 75...

Driveline and gearbox ,search here..topic has been covered in depth..

Both 12v and 24v make serious power with forced induction..Save some money and go 12v....not as exotic at shows,but tremendous power to money ratio..

and welcome !! :D
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I agree with Barry. The 12 valver can effectively make just as much power as the 24 valver because they both have the same limitation, the transaxle. The 12 valver can do it for a lot less money and that can be spent on suspension and brakes. Now with normally aspirated engines, it's another matter.

Subjectively I prefer the GTV6. However the Milano has a couple extra inches of space at the back and about 6 more inches of room at the front. It's A LOT easier to fit an intercooler into a Milano. The Milano also has more hood clearance making some other things easier. HOWEVER...it can all fit in a GTV6, it's just a little more work, so if you like the GTV6 better, go for it. You won't be sorry.

Greg Gordon
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

I'd go for the 75, longer wheelbase and I believe the unibody is lighter.
Four doors makes it easier to access the whole car if you have a cage and race seats.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Mats,You guys officially get the Giulietta there ? Also a great candidate for a project such as this.
Just replace the bonnet/hood with a lightweight item and your pretty done.
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Vigri
Silver
Silver

Post by Vigri »

Thanks for the replays.

At first I was planning to go with the 75 but I’ve noticed that there aren’t very many of them on sale, and doesn’t seem to be in as good condition as the GTV6-es on sale. But I’m hoping that with the spring coming maybe some more top condition ones will come on the market. I really don’t want to start doing the bodyworks as the first thing on the car.

In Estonia we don’t have any of these models, witch could be suitable for project car. So I have to look abroad.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Barry wrote:Mats,You guys officially get the Giulietta there ? Also a great candidate for a project such as this.
Just replace the bonnet/hood with a lightweight item and your pretty done.
Yep, very few left though and in my eyes it's not the best looket in the bunch either...
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Yes go gtv6, specially if your taking it to the track, much better choice, as for fittment, a turbo fits no problem. :wink:
A 2.5 would be a better choice also other than the 3.0. If you were going N/A, then i'd say a 3.0.

Goodluck with your project!! :D

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Mats.I just enjoy them coz I fit in them ! :wink:

As for not looking good...mmmm...
Attachments
6c8mgs0.jpg
6c8mgs0.jpg (64.64 KiB) Viewed 6284 times
Duk
Verde
Verde

Post by Duk »

Nice! Love the deep dish rims. I always wanted to put Alfetta front guards, bonnet and headlights on my old Giulietta :D .
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

widened Ronals a1 :shock: , wonder how they did that and how safe it is... :?

personaly i like the earlier cars more because they have less plastic. 8)

Here in the Netherlands they also are getting very rare. most of hem were just used, abused and went to the scrapyard :oops: . They're not as classic looking as an Alfetta or Giulia, i suppose that's part of the reason nobody wanted to save them. :(

In our wet climate they also tend to rust quite hard... :cry:

But i love them, especially the ones with big engine upgrades. They make a very nice sleeper. 8)
Drive it like you stole it...
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Barry wrote:Mats.I just enjoy them coz I fit in them ! :wink:

As for not looking good...mmmm...
Couldn't agree more, over here they are extremely rare, and mine is going to be the only V6 engined one....quite a sleeper... :twisted: