patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

wow everyone must be on holidays bc i can see tumble weed rolling across the forum. anywaze just thought id give it a little bump. any updates garthy boy?
patzo_3l

3l gtv6 turbo 85'
2006 147 gta selespeed
1990 75 twinspark
1998 spider
2.0l gtv 85'
33 1.7ie
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Hey Patzo, yeah i havent been on for abit, 3-4 solid weeks working on the alfa, 5-6 hrs a day. I must say the amount of work involved has been quite extensive, specially that i've done everything myself. I've learnt a hell of alot during this build, now i understand why a speedshop would have charged me around $20k, so much time and labour, but basically no corners have been cut, just concerned how she will run with standard inj before i get my new ecu, which is another 3-4 weeks away, but on order. I ran the intake to the old AFM which was a pain in the arse, but when new ecu comes, i get to scrap it all, but had to be done to get on the road again. So yeah hope she runs ok till then, if not i simply wont drive it.

I must admit i've had a huge helping hand from my mechanic, he has let me use his warehouse, and also-(Eastern Racing Fabrication)
opposite his workshop for nothing for the past month, as well as his hoist, for i know it costs alot by the hour to have it on there any other time. Also Mark, business owner of Eastern Racing Fabrication, has put up with me using all of his tools whilst he was working on his own projects, he fabricated my square to round for the turbo which is a work of art, and spent afew hours doing my turbo dump when i couldnt be there. His quality of work is amazing, if any of you track racers out there need a roll cage, turbo/exhaust manifolds, etc, i highly recommend his work!!

But now everything has been fabricated, the last being the 3" exhaust from turbo to just past the firewall.Only going to have 3" from turbo to the middle muffler so hopefully not too loud. I'm running an Apexi rear muffler which are used for supra's and gtr nissans, so should handle gasses fine. If not too loud then will try 3" all the way, but still i'd rather not get noticed too much!
Middle of next week we will fire her up for the first time. Will have a bunch of pics coming soon.
Damn me after nearly a year i might get to drive her next week!! Another week of restless sleeping! Might try some herbal sleeping tablets for a nice weeks sleep! Haha.
Thanks for your interest Patzo :D

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.