SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Piccies

Post by SydneyJules »

Not wanting to take any attention away from builds we've been following- Garth, Mike! Both looking much better than mine!

But here is a NSW update on some stuff happening!
Attachments
cars 009.jpg
cars 009.jpg (28.8 KiB) Viewed 8901 times
cars 008.jpg
cars 008.jpg (31.91 KiB) Viewed 8901 times
TT and plenum all looking great!
TT and plenum all looking great!
cars 007.jpg (38.41 KiB) Viewed 8897 times
my car really banged up- no idea what Im goin to do about it....
my car really banged up- no idea what Im goin to do about it....
cars 003.jpg (31.85 KiB) Viewed 8895 times
166 front brakes on alfetta sedan
166 front brakes on alfetta sedan
cars 004.jpg (23.27 KiB) Viewed 8892 times
Fixing it bit by bit....
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Re: Piccies

Post by SydneyJules »

SOme more
Attachments
And Autronic SM4 to run it all
And Autronic SM4 to run it all
cars 018.jpg (58.24 KiB) Viewed 8880 times
cars 013.jpg
cars 013.jpg (50.45 KiB) Viewed 8883 times
surge tank setup to go with tank in the boot!
surge tank setup to go with tank in the boot!
cars 011.jpg (55.92 KiB) Viewed 8873 times
75 front brakes on rear
75 front brakes on rear
cars 010.jpg (56.97 KiB) Viewed 8872 times
Fixing it bit by bit....
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

More
Attachments
Unfortunately detail lost in the compression
Unfortunately detail lost in the compression
cars 006.jpg (38.93 KiB) Viewed 8866 times
cars 022.jpg
cars 022.jpg (50.79 KiB) Viewed 8864 times
back together with Beninca monoblock and carillos for big boost and big rpm
back together with Beninca monoblock and carillos for big boost and big rpm
cars 021.jpg (70.35 KiB) Viewed 8859 times
Transmission cooler setup
Transmission cooler setup
cars 017.jpg (66.68 KiB) Viewed 8860 times
Fixing it bit by bit....
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

there is so much impressive stuff here, I don't know where to start.

Greg
Duk
Verde
Verde

Post by Duk »

Greg Gordon wrote:there is so much impressive stuff here, I don't know where to start.

Greg
X2!!!!
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

How about some figures? 8) Bhp + torque? :P

It sure is an amazing build, with true eye for the smallest details.

How about the transmissions? are there front mount boxes or custom gearsets to stop the gearbox from exploding when the sh*tload of torque arrives? i've seen the cooler setup so i'm guessing there still is a rearmounted gearbox.

The v6 TT, still original inside or forged pistons/ custom rods etc.? what type of turbo's is on there?

A lot of questions :oops: .... But that what you get if you post these kind of piccies. :wink:
Drive it like you stole it...
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Truely satisfying to see we still have this much love for Alfa Romeo in Australia. I mean to do these projects, you would have to sign the cheque book blindfolded. You wouldn't do it unless you have kept the faith.

Congratulation to whoever owns these beautiful machines.

Top job Jules.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Duk
Verde
Verde

Post by Duk »

2 Garrett GT30 (maybe 35) turbos :shock:! That's not mucking about!
Maybe a big bore engine to need 2 turbos that would be quoted at 500hp each, as a minimum.
Loved the front brakes on the back :D
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Jules fantastic pics mate. :shock:

How did your baby wind up with that 'injury' though ? Man it reminds me so much of when I was rammed up the rear by a bus. :evil:
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Inspiring stuff, good to see big money been pumped into Alfa's on Oz. This would get you chaps more gold medals if it was a sport.
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

I recall the silver gtv that I came across on alfabb I think. The tt alfetta.... well both cars are just p@rn :twisted:
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Drool,drool double drool, my my some nice pics. Great to see original V6 other than a quad cam, dont get me wrong, but you know what i mean...

What sized turbo's are on that V6 Jules..? Cant wait to start comparing HP numbers with that thing, single turbo Vs twin, hehe..Cant match its ecu though lol.

Anyway, big slap on da back of the bro in the know with that build. :wink:

Jules, what happened..? Its obvious, but who is the criminal? Or done personally?
Is it a write off, chassis bent?

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

Come on Jules... Tell us more! :wink:
Drive it like you stole it...
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Sorry for the absence! May have landed a new job, and busy doing endorsements- Greg, Barry and Matt D if you're about (email u soon), Pac750xl, Chieftain, 310 and good old partenavia- good to get some turbine stuff on, but Fernando- it wasn't far off a bus- It's a grey area at the moment- I don't want to chat about it until it's sorted. Not driving at the time though. I may pull the engine and have it rebuilt for sale with the diff to pay for repairs. Anyone interested feel free to contact. I can't bear to let it go altogether

The Alfetta GT is still as gorgeous as always- some probs with the donk running massive boost and flow levels. Nothing you wouldn't expect from 300rwhp, so PK had it Beninca-d! Rods and pistons bring the comp up to 7.6;1- no typing error, so it will be punchier, and stiil deal with massive boost. The box is a TS box w shimmed diff for about 65%, vented rear discs, full RS w watts, and the box cooler setup, w a bolt in cage for track use. Fab said they;ll rev it until it stops making power. I reckon just past 7 with the mildish cams in it. This used to spin them through third.

Fab's alfetta sedan runs a GPa straight cut (ex bond/jones). He thinks the box will live but not the diff. We will see! Plan is to substitute Commodore front 6sp box and diff into DeDion post failure. The turbos, I think, are GT30s, but they're not off the shelf- he's had them built with smaller turbine housing and more suitable wheels. 3.0 with massive headwork- custom cams, big valves, running 7.6:1 too from memory, or 7.8... custom alloy rods, and you can see the coil setup. Unfortunately didn't get the best shots of the radiator and I/C- in a hurry. But you might just be able to make out the screamer pipes off the wastegates. Fab just goes for the craziest thing he can haha. Bits of RS stuff in it. He wants to try it on the track for fun. It'll be interesting! I think he may end up dragging it. Either path you take with it ends up in $$$$ when the engine is like this one. My pick is close to 500rwhp. Fab says he wants 700. It's got all the bits in it, and I don't know all of the details, but I don't know how possible it is. One thing's for sure, is Fab builds every engine to rev- he doesn't muck around with reciprocating bits. With the boost/total airflow combination and rpm capability (8000) it will be a big enough number to break things!

As usual, everything he touches is fit to be served up on a platter. No pics will do justice to how good this engine bay looks.

Paul- if you read this, keep us posted! I will endeavour to also guys.

Now i have to start figuring out what I can do with mine. I'm not sure how bad it is yet- Will post some q's in bodywork soon!
Fixing it bit by bit....
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Mike- Fab owns the shop! He sold a 318Ci Chev Speedboat ("Arrogant Bitch" !!!!), and a 350Ci HQ Ute with six speed box and his old Alfa Simmons on it, with GTV6 recaros in it, to free up space for the build.

Paul's just a nut like the rest of us, who does one or two little bits to his car each year. It's evolved, from a factory 1.6, to a 2.o nord, to a factory 1.8T, to a centrifugally blown 1.8, to what it is now.
It is both a concourse standard car and a supercar demolition classic, with beautiful chrome all round, and subtle modern taste all through it. It is my ultimate car. A nord bark with wheelspinning torque. Four cylinder turbo is still the ultimate alfetta for me- less weight over front wheels for agility, but now that I have V6 engine mounts welded in, I will probably end up chatting to Greg when my next build comes up- I can't afford Fab's idea of a turbo setup!!!!
Last edited by SydneyJules on Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fixing it bit by bit....