MD
Verde
Verde

Re: Piccies

Post by MD »

Jules, just having a look at your rear ender, I don't see it as any major item at all. Start by checking the chassis geometry and if that's good, the rest is "nothing"..
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Hey Jules whats the latest with this beast..? :twisted:

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Can't say right now- I haven't been down to see it since- being a mechanic's car, it's always the last to get worked on, but I will get an update again next time Im down- how's yours mate!?
Fixing it bit by bit....
hardalfa
Silver
Silver

Post by hardalfa »

Man that Alfetta just blows you away.Years ago i saw his original 2.5 and that thing was awesome.
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Ah Jules it aint going at all, it runs, but thats it, not getting any throttle response past 4000rpm, ignition is all crazy, cant tune it, dont know if its the Adaptronic or what, so i'm pretty miffed with whats happening at the moment, same with the guy trying to tune it lol..

Selling 1985 GTV6.

MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Geez Garth feel sorry for ya mate. Pitty you don't have any tuning GURUS as close contacts who could help you out at a fair price. I got a number of guys who could help in Brisvegas but alas the tyranny of distance...
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Hardalfa that 2.5 is now in my car.

Garth- damn. Real Damn. I guess all you can really do is keep at it. At least yours IS going! I am in the process of trying to recover funds so i can FIX mine! Hahaha

I'm sure it will show up somewhere- its normally something earthing when it shouldn't, or flexing at the worst possible time. You could always try running it fuel only, and using the dizzy for ignition, to at least see if that works- then you might be able to figure out what sort of a signal issue is stopping it past 4k.

I can imagine your angst at wanting to drive it, but I suppose you could start to concentrate on the little things in the meantime. Clean up the stuff you couldn't be bothered with before!

Keep at it mate. You will love it when that sucker starts forcing air down your donk's throat. You';ll just hate paying for its' thirst!

What's kinda funny, is now that I work with a 700hp PRatt and Whitney, Im not as bothered about going fast on the road- for the moment anyway!
Fixing it bit by bit....
SimonB
Gold
Gold

Post by SimonB »

Its tough doing without your car for so long. Mine is over 1000 miles away in another country! I moved from Portugal to France in July, but still have nowhere to keep it and no-one can recommend me a good alfa garage in this part of France, or even just over the border in Italy! It is so frustrating, my car is safe in my parents underground garage but I spent 2.5k euros on it and haven't even seen it since! My parents said it looks very pretty now!

Lets all try to keep our spirits up hey!
¡Si me gusta conducir, es porque conduzco un Alfa!

'84 GTV6 UK spec back on the road after 4 years!
05 Corolla daily driver
Evert
Gold
Gold

Post by Evert »

Hello Jules,

At the moment I'm building up aprox the same enigine configuration:
- 3.0 V6 12V Bi-Turbo.

This pics are very stimulating.

The engine will be fitted in a:
- Alfa 75 QV
- Sz front brakes
- Sz front adjustible shock absorbers (ride height adjustible)

Planning is it will run at the end of this year or spring next year.
By then I'll post some more details and pics.
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Hey Jules is he gonna drag race that Alfetta..?
That would do 10's so easy..even a high 9...?

Or just a street car...?

Oh Jules i'm on the road, its still abit surreal, but its done!
Even at low boost, engine is amazing, its like the engine is saying to me, now thats what i'm talking about!! :D :D

Selling 1985 GTV6.

GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Had to bump this thread up so hopefully Jules can give an update to this beautiful car, this thread has some amazing photos and should be locked up top...?

Hey Jules, is there any news on how this monster is going..?

It will be ready for 2010 Alfesta here in melbourne..?

Looking at the photos again, makes me feel better about the 3.0 catch can in my engine bay now lol...not much room now though... :D

And jules, hows your Alfa..?

Selling 1985 GTV6.

SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Hey Garth!

My hearing for my car was put off and put off... Friday's the day.... we shall see. Fingers crossed!

Anyway, Fab's car- well, it's together, and nearly run in. It was using a modified pajero V6 distributor for a TDC reference (Mitsubishi 4wd). But the signal broke down past 4000rpm, so a full tune wasn't possible. It was only running 10psi.
Paj Dizzy made way for a 60-2 off a 164, and the tune will happen shortlyish.
Adding another muffler to the exhaust because it's too loud!
The car was driven to this year's concourse, modified to the point where it now looks like a touring car, with 18" Simmons FR (9s on the front and 10s on the rear, gunmetal centres- Simmons closed down, by the way... shit! People like me took too long to save up for them, apparently!), and it has some custom sideskirts, and the modified 75 GpA bits- a mould was taken, bumpers cast, cut to fit, then another mould taken.... just as well.... the car drove into a ditch concealed by the grass and ripped most of the front bar off..... so while a new one is being made, Fab's taken his V6 alfa front calipers off the rear (outboard DeDion setup) and fitted a set of Lancer Evo8 rears with handbrake. I'll get some shots soon- when it's together. Yeah... maybe a 10 out of it? We'll see how the straight cut holds up. Plans are afoot... he wants it running before he goes and breaks stuff... we'll see about that!

Paul's car is getting a bit of treatment again too... he upgraded to Simmons at the same time as Fab... engine together with Beninca monoblock and a new HKS turbo going on shortly..... which should see the end of his TS box!

Pics soon

Hope you're all well and enjoying yourselves!
J
Fixing it bit by bit....
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Yeah fingers crossed mate, should be right!!

Damn Simmons closing down, thats strange, but then with all the aftermarket
crap out there...

Pics i cant wait for, even some vid of Fab's car smoking em up..? :D

Anyway sounds good, shame the local authorities dont appreciate the sound of a forced V6 Alfa donk, sheez.. :roll: :lol: 8)

Thanks for the update! :!: :wink:

Selling 1985 GTV6.

GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Hey Jules just seen this on youtube, very nice..

If this has been seen already, apologies everyone!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhD0p48JwcE

Selling 1985 GTV6.