GarthW
Verde
Verde

Been awhile, story so far...

Post by GarthW »

Hello everyone, has been a little while since i was on last, so i thought i'd say hi and say afew words.

The Alfa has been going great, i've been so busy i still havent had it back on the dyno yet, for it really needs a damn tune, running too rich, etc but still drives beautifully.

Have been running around on 10psi, clocked up 7000kms so far.
Only had one brake down and it wasnt mechanical. I drove over something diabolical on the worst driveway you'
ve ever seen, which pulled on the battery/power cable which pulled my battery towards to chassis where it made contact with the terminal, so late that night when i started to drive home everything just shut down, lights, everything, i just rolled to a stop and thought what the hell. Opened the hatch and smoke from the burning metal plumed around. So that night i destroyed the battery, went back the next morning with a new Batt, of course the car was open all night, windows i mean, but nobody touched it, so lucky there. New battery in, turned the key, told the Fiat i'd be back to pick her up, and drove my baby home.

All fuses were fine. thought i would have smoked the ecu, fuse for that was fine. But thats the weirdst brake down, or should i say shut down i've ever had.

My biggest surprise with this whole build so far is how this car behaves compared to when it was standard. It keeps the same temps, never overheats, and you just jump in it day by day and drive it. The way the chassis puts the power down is amazing, wet, dry...in the wet it blew me away, so afraid of hitting boost in the wet anymore!!! And just when it was standard, it wants to be driven, the engine never struggles and sounds fantastic, well a little too good, 102DB is abit too loud for the authorities here. So getting a bigger rear muffler to keep it down lol. :roll:

Well thats it so far, sorry i havent had any videos to post, as soon as i get my life back its off for a tune and will post some vids.

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Re: Been awhile, story so far...

Post by Mats »

"We're on a driveway from hell..." :)

Nice to be lucky sometimes but how did it actually grab the battery cable? :?
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

My guess the battery is in the back ?
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Yeah battery is in the back, the cable was already hanging down abit, but enough where the car completley bottomed out on driveway, and just dragged the cable along.
So unlucky to say the least, but could have been worse i suppose.

Anyway i hope to have some footage soon.

Hope your all well!! :)

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.