GarthW
Verde
Verde

Zzzzzzzz

Post by GarthW »

ZZZZzzzzzzzzz
Last edited by GarthW on Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
Duk
Verde
Verde

Re: New Manifolds from Bits Of Italy..

Post by Duk »

(More) Pics or ban (you from telling me about Alfa turbo's. Damn you Garth :P :P )!
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Hey Duk, sorry dont have much in the way of pics at the moment, but will make up a video shortly. Only pics i have are of head rebuild, but video will show everything. :)

Selling 1985 GTV6.

fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

GarthW wrote:Hey Duk, sorry dont have much in the way of pics at the moment, but will make up a video shortly. Only pics i have are of head rebuild, but video will show everything. :)

It's about time! i've never seen that GTV6 run yet!! :D
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Garth good to see you got it on the road again . Put some pics up. Had same problem with late spooling up of turbos due to large diameter manifolds and also much longer because of roll cage in way of turbos.(mid mount).
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Thanks Kevin, if it wasnt for the operation i had awhile ago, it would have been on the road much sooner. Its amazing what smaller diameter pipes do, engine is alot smoother, but very deep idle, but yeah its running a full 3" exhaust and power is effortless, you could basically use your thumb to feed power in other than your foot, its very responsive.

Fedezyl- Here is a couple of short clips taken before the Alfa was tuned on a dynometer. Pretty boring, only light throttle runs and video quality is not that good. Might take her for a spin today after the dyno session around near the workshop with some in-car, and some outside footage.

Will try get some video done today apart from just the dyno run..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6PV84WqGGk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTBLdR1LmBU

Selling 1985 GTV6.

fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Lovely lovely!! i'm waiting for more!! love the sound of the beast mate :P
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Thanks fedezyl, yeah she sounds good but abit too loud, will be changing muffler arrangement i think...

Well some video footage i planned to upload didnt quite go to plan, camera guy didnt hit record when i was driving outside, did a high speed run past him, but no footage, didnt realise till i got home, but i have a light dyno run for the moment.

Had a problem with the turbo actuator, couldnt wind the boost down enough. Its a 16psi actuator, and current fuel pump simply cant supply enough fuel for 16psi, even 14psi.
And with the higher boost the air/fuel ratio was very messy. I never had this problem before, when it first hit the road, i had it on 10psi, but for some strange reason its now making alot more boost, and 14psi was as low as we could go. Couldnt rev past 4,500rpm on the dyno. Driving with 14psi is ok, just cant rev much past 3500-4000 till we get the boost down with another actuator. Its making peak torque around 3500, so is still fun to drive.
Will be hitting the dyno againi once actuator is replaced. Will have better footage soon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbZDMGlkRmw

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Duk
Verde
Verde

Post by Duk »

Love that engine note :mrgreen: .
Just the right amount of burble still in the exhaust. Add the faint, centrifugal compressor whistle, I love it!
I'd use a plumb back BOV tho, to much for my tastes :wink: .
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Hey thanks Duk.

Yeah BOV plumb back is happening very soon, just need the hose and i'm sorted.
Driving through traffic is very light throttle, scares alot of people when you put foot down, or should i say off..? :lol:

Selling 1985 GTV6.

GregoryV
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GregoryV »

Congrats — Awesome sound! Wheels in black now 8)

GV
20-Years-3-Motors-Later
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Hey Gregory, yeah the wheels look black, but not quite. Its a very dark charcoal grey, with the slightest hint of glitter in them, if the sun is shining on them you can just see the glitter, but you have to get up close to see it. The color of the wheels just highlights the chassis so much more. Silver and dark wheels i like alot now! :D

Here is a quick clip of in-car footage of the boost gauge, showing how quick boost builds with a very light throttle application. Goes to 4500rpm and reads 1bar boost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syKOsgkoi4Y

Like i mentioned before, the actuator is way too big, and this weekend i'm fitting an 8psi actuator instead of the 16psi one, and will be back on the dyno. So will be able to give it more throttle, and make more power!! :P Then once everything is run in nicely, it will run around 12-14psi comfortably with a new fuel pump of course. :wink:

Selling 1985 GTV6.