Smity42
Silver
Silver

GTV 24V conversion

Post by Smity42 »

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for info on putting a 24V motor into a 2.0L GTV. I've tried search, but haven't found much... although it seems a lot of people have done it, information on what is involved is harder to find.

So, whats involved?

It will be a track car so I am not worried about wiring at this stage, I'll be using an aftermarket ECU of some sort. Whats the most popular option for these engines?

I'm guessing I need GTV6 engine mounts, front flywheel, bellhouse, maybe driveshaft? Or are the GTV ones the same? If not, can I source them from a 2.5L V6 alfa 75? (I have one available to strip)

Obviously the intake needs to be modified to put the throttle body to the side.

Any clearance issues with the brake booster, etc?

What's the best option for starter and alternator? I won't have P/S or A/C so obviously something needs to be done about the drive belt.

Whats do people generally do in regards to connecting the radiator up, given the outlets are at the wrong end of the engine?

Exhaust manifolds - it seems there are options from Benica and PACE here in aus and Glenwood in SA. Any other options?

Anything I have missed?

Finally, what are the additional complications to expect if using a 3.2L/GTA engine?
MD
Verde
Verde

Re: GTV 24V conversion

Post by MD »

give daniel a PM.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Re: GTV 24V conversion

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

or Kevin, he has a few... :shock: Just look up his introduction topic on this forum. all the info you need is in there. :wink:
Drive it like you stole it...