gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Saab injectors in a 3.0 12v america engine

Post by gtv-racer »

Hello,

I bought saab turbo injectors (very cheap over here). The type with the four discarge holes. Now i want to modify my intake runners so they fit. But my question is : does the height of the injector to the valve have to change. This becuase maybe the spray pattern is different?
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Re: Saab injectors in a 3.0 12v america engine

Post by gtv-racer »

Since you guys are so helpfull ill show you the sulotion :wink: Milled the intake runners a bit deeper after looking the different spray patterns at youtube. I seems it's gonna be oke. An made en new feul rail for the o-ring style end injector.

Hope the new style injector(4 discharge hole style) helps feul econemy on my future superchargerd engine.
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

Excellent - I faced a similar problem using newer style injectors on my 164LS engine.
Michael
1981 GTV6
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Excellent job making the fuel rail.

Greg
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

Thanks guys. Maybe i'll bring it in production if it's a succes and if there's a need for.
First i'll rebuilt my alfa 75. Just ordered my MP62 supercharger. The body is almost ready for paint spraying. Completely renovated the body. Can't wait to drive this baby :lol:
ChrisS
Gold
Gold

Post by ChrisS »

I've used some 4-hole injectors in my supercharged 164 motor, but using the stock rail etc. No problems I've noticed at least....but now you have me wondering.

I'll ask my mate who works with these things all day long....see what he says.
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

That's right. The alfa164 uses the new style injectors the 75 not. I could install an 164 plemenum but i chose to hold it original. That's why i had to mod it.