gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Re: Building the supercharger to the engine (75 3.0V6)

Post by gtv-racer »

http://www.autodeltashop.com/product_in ... cts_id=353

This is what autodelta sells for the 3ltr 24v with a rotrex. Rotrex is more efficient on high rpm. But can the lower cr of the 2.512v make up the 3.0 24v with higher cr and more breathing capacity?
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

I was thinking port the intake and exhaust ports it to 3.0 port size, 3.0 valves, use low overlap high lift cams.The GTV6 with the 2.5 24V drift car in northern europe (forgot which country) is making tons of power 300-400 bhp. If the 2.5 with high boost can make 300 bhp, that would e great. I think Greg Gordon got 200 bhp for a basic setup with twin scroll SC in a stock GTV6 with low boost.
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

Had two oil leaks on both valve covers. So removed them. Also made some baffleling in them while I was at it for the crank case breathers so they won't suc up oil which is bad for detonation and a lot of other stuff.

Also in my search on the web I came across some nice vvt solution:

https://youtu.be/vkznVtJNeuY

https://riders.drivemag.com/news/the-de ... technology

I think I can fabricate something like this myself and Bench test it on a lathe for rpm switch settings. But first check on the dyno if we can gain power with adjusting the cams.
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

Ported the blower for lower temps. They sky rocket wonce you exceed the 14000rpm limit where the normal m62 unit was designed for. So I copied the inlet side of an mp62 unit which is the performance model and can rev up to 16000rpm.

Made a section view of the rotor and copied the contour:

Before:

After:

Discharge side:
Semi before :lol:

After:

Hope I unleash al the extra pony's :lol:
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

Installed an oil heatexchanger parralel to the oil cooler. It took nearly 25 min for the oil to heat up on a warm day.

Used the plug in the blok to get a coolant feed:

Already checked oil preasure on the cold engine. Now let's see when it is warmed up and at redline.

Have wait 2.5 monts because of dutch oldtimer regulations.... :|
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

flowing the supercharger results.

0.15bar boost increase.
delta temp stays about the same.
i need some torque control for first gear!

i have never seen preassure that high, 0,9 bar :D The car felt really quick! 8)
That's a 20% boost increase from 0.75 to 0.9bar. Lets see how this translate's to hp increase.

old:

new:

gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

dyno results are in and i must say i'm verry satisfied.

An 45HP increase and 45NM that counts a total of 355HP and 465 NM.

also nice to see that the power curve's flat spot at the end is a little bit less flat.
I was still a little bit detonation power limmited. I never thought the preassure went that high with flowing the charger.
maybe an extra then horse where avalable but i'm keeping it like this for now and go have much antertainment. It's a beast of a car now :mrgreen:

Also i made some anti bolt spreaders for the donuts (front and rear) so when they explode the bolts don't spread and eat up the tunnel in the car and cut of your feet. A nice feature i think. :lol:

Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

you have the non-splined front yoke driveshaft. i had that and i changed it to the splined front yoke. easier to install.
Dr. Alban
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Really useful torque curve.
A better solution is to install a BMW V8 donut BUT you have to install a 1mm sleeve to every crush tube in the donut to step up to the 14mm bolt holes. To install it will require a serious circular clamp to squeeze it down for a close enough PCD. A prick of a job but they are virtually unbreakable.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

Zanami I have the splined front axle. The rear donut is on the photo.

MD. That sounds really good. Do you now people who have tried it on the transaxle with high horsepower cars. And how does certering work. It does not have any alignment hole and also you need something to cover up the pilot bearings

And do you know an oem number of the part? That would be nice.

This winter suspension is the job. I want to give it a modern feel touch. How, I don't know. Let's find out.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

OH Sheit. I was following Zamani's footprints in the snow and got lead up the garden path. Mostly cause I was fascinated by the snow. Only place you get snow in Oz is inside the ice cream freezer in the supermarket. I have tried to climb in to test my snow shoes from Amazon but I got kicked out by security every time. OK so you want a REAR coupling solution to handle torque.

Try the one in the photo.

You will need to modify the clutch input shaft coupling to make a locating cup for the CV.

It may cause some transmission "Chatter" under 1200 rpm. Don't do it if this is going to piss you off.
Attachments
CV Driveshaft.JPG
CV Driveshaft.JPG (221.66 KiB) Viewed 3933 times
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

Haha, what a story. :mrgreen:
Thanks for the pic's but I am also curious for the front solution.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

I see you are a glutton for punishment.. :D

There are many solutions depending on what application the car will be put into. Street, rally, racing ?

For racing/rally, the best solution is to modify the flywheel to use a CV or a UJ. This is harsh on the transmission and will/may cause transmission chatter at idle.

For street, a compromise solution is to use a conventional original Alfa coupling with a metal cage around it like Kevin uses or go experimental with a modern coupling that is made in a different way and is more durable. It is not a straight forward job because the PCD's are usually wrong and the mounting holes are not the correct size. However that can be rectified. See photos. An early series BMW -V8 coupling is a start. Possibly E34 '91-97
The Lemforder number is 10482 03. I believe a Bilstein version can be sourced here : https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/febi-bilstein/1868069

For simplicity, I suggest the original Alfa coupling with a cage.
Attachments
SGF thinner.jpg
SGF thinner.jpg (241.56 KiB) Viewed 3908 times
Experimental front coupling.JPG
Experimental front coupling.JPG (240.57 KiB) Viewed 3908 times
SGF Install.jpg
SGF Install.jpg (235.84 KiB) Viewed 3908 times
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

Thanks again for the pics!
My front donut lasted about 10.000km. Not bad I think. About 6 track days and one drift day. I made a cage before but the slots weren't wide enough for my torque figure so it rattled under max power.. I ditched it. Let's see how quick the new donuts fail and if it 8s to quick I make an other come solution.
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

This is a donut from a bmw 123D wich has 400Nm of torque and also has the box upfront. So torque through the donut won't be an issue. It's from our trackday tool.

You can see i removed one washer. The bmw donut has a pitch diamter of 110mm which is the same as our v6 big pich diameter. But the small pitch diameter from the alfa is 100mm.
For the small pich i think maybe we can dril out the inner bushing with the 'damper' rubber which leaves a hole of 30mm with a steel sleeved outer bushing.Then press fit an excentic bushing and we have an alfa piched BMW donut! We have to make up for the thickness and think about the pilot bushing but i think that's easy.