Duk
Verde
Verde

Re: My engine 3.0 V6 24V

Post by Duk »

Yes they use dual knock sensors and the Motronic's noise filtration should be well calibrated to suite the noise characteristics of the Alfa engine.

Having a bit of a laugh at the size of those inlet ports, they're huge! :lol:
No real surprise why these things lack low RPM torque. :wink:
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

well if I had to buy new pistons and liners i'd definetely go 3.7 and make use of those ports with displacement and good cams..
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Now you know why I left my heads standard on the 3.7 apart from the cams . Oh and welding in the the water jackets smaller . Not so simple going 3.7 as the block work and head gaskets are anther story BUT a Renault Williams cam profile on those 24v heads with those ports make huge power on the 3.0 . Maybe a gta crank !
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

If you have a knowledgeable cam grinder with an extensive database, there are many very interesting profiles to consider for the 24v, able to be reground from the std 3liter cams -hydraulic profiles, so you don't have to screw around with idiot jobs like adjusting mechanical clearances! 8) It all depends on how much idle quality you are prepared to lose. I must admit, I don't like idling at 1100rpm; this is where idle is even on the 3liter with the Renault profiles. I haven't tried retiming to somewhere other than 24v factory spec, but I believe idle can be definitely improved by decreasing lift at overlap. So why haven't I done it?....Does the word lazy ring a bell? :roll: And, we have a track weekend on the 15th...a few short days from now. The only change will be installing the TS box with 3rd/4th from the old Alfetta... Should be a bomb! These last weeks I've been driving a 75 with my old 3liter 12v motor and a TS box... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: THE THING HAULS ASS!!! This box is just what the 24v needs! Consider the fact that in 1990, these 3liter cars took the Spanish championship using ...1.6 gearboxes (4.56:1), so the TS (4.1:1) is veeery mild! :wink:
Jim K.
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Nice! I can only think how my Giulie is going to go with TS box and the 164 V6, it should start next week and maybe be able to go around the block a little bit.
Are you going to make some vids Jim??
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Nah, I'm not into vids and stuff. If someone else at the track takes some footage and I know about it, I'll put it up.
Let me understand what you said...You are stuffing a 3liter V6 into a Giulia and putting a TS box from a 75 :?: :shock: I assume you'll go the DeDion way also :?: :shock: :shock: IN A GIULIA :?: :?: :?:
Jim K.
Joemart
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Joemart »

Kevin....

Looking for one of them "short" boxes... IN SA - Any pointers???
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Fed means putting 24v into a 116 Giulietta . A giulia would be horrendous . Alan what management you gonna use again?
Don't wanna divert of this thread but joemart call AK and ask ( strapp) .
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

JimGreek wrote:You are stuffing a 3liter V6 into a Giulia and putting a TS box from a 75 :?: :shock: I assume you'll go the DeDion way also :?: :shock: :shock: IN A GIULIA :?: :?: :?:
Jim K.
Thta's just what a guy i know did to his Giulia... :mrgreen:

Look here for a topic about it ( in Dutch..). I believe there is some info on the AlfaBB as well. :)
Drive it like you stole it...
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

There is a Swedish conversion with a Giulia body on a shortened 75 chassi. Mostly just for the hell of it... :D
V6 in it to...
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

Jan used the Giulia body with a welded in tunnel and rear pick-up-points for the dedion axle and gearbox. Front suspension was modified with 75 spindles on Giulia lower wishbones and custom upper arms. 75 steeringrack and column are also used. Dedion was modified for the use of 105 series springs and dampers.

Very nice result.. 8)
Drive it like you stole it...
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

Giuliettaevo2 wrote:
JimGreek wrote:You are stuffing a 3liter V6 into a Giulia and putting a TS box from a 75 :?: :shock: I assume you'll go the DeDion way also :?: :shock: :shock: IN A GIULIA :?: :?: :?:
Jim K.
Thta's just what a guy i know did to his Giulia... :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: yes, this was a super project! Impressive what the man did in a short time and with just simple common sense :wink:

Love the 105 looks, for me it is the ultimate hobby car, 105 looks and 116 handling.
You just a ton of free time ....
Banned.. ? ;-) Daily donky.. ==> BMW 325d Image
E36M3 (3.0) Ringtool :twisted: ==> definitely BANNED!

AR 75 TS Ringtool '90, AR Spider 2000 veloce '79
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Yes, Giulietta I meant, project has been going on for years, sourcing parts and just working on it, plus a whole chasis change in the middle for a better shaped Giulietta.
Next step, supercharging....
I need to find a home for the 24v engine I have, maybe get myself a GTV6 abroad.
In the meantime i'm moving to Indonesia, got a flying job there, so i'll be 3 months there and 18 days back in Uruguay...
AlanV6
Gold
Gold

Post by AlanV6 »

fedezyl wrote:well if I had to buy new pistons and liners i'd definetely go 3.7 and make use of those ports with displacement and good cams..

I want to keep the displacement at 3.0. 100hp/l is possible and that's the goal. I have a spare engine at home but last year i sold a liner and 3 pistons...
Waiting for response from autolusso UK for spare pistons and liner, if nothing then i found an alfa 166 3.0 automatic for 700euros (engine ok, body not so much) and will buy it for spare engine...

I've had over 90hp/l and that was without remap on check engine lamp!

Cams are AHM if i didnt wrote that before, ports are stock, only smothened a little.

Like a said ecu manegement DTA fast s60 would be my choice as i know a tuner that works with it. I will si it's not definite yet.

First i have to measure the crank and when i get pistons do all the weighthing then making bob weights and balance all.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Wow Alan, i hope the bearing and the liner problem was due to the bad mapping and not balancing. I need to have the oil pump and oiling holes properly looked into for my new engine.

What rings are you going to use? Stock or some gapless style?

Im very slowly putting together a nice 24v setup with some special Greek sauce, ouzo, and schnitzel. Target is at least 100 hp/l.looking for e46 M3 beating power and 20% lighter than a CSL.

BTW Giuliettaevo2, didnt you say the 1.6 and 1.3 boxes are rubbish strength wise? Gosh, a 4.3 is plenty for me. Impossible to find here.