75evo
Verde
Verde

Re: GTV 3.0 12v motor restoration with mild modifications

Post by 75evo »

Well if you must lean over the fence, then you need to learn the finer techniques from the greekster. He has been quiet lately because his last fence leaning adventure ended in a bad way, he was good up until then :mrgreen:
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Some one sent me an email of what MD did to his neighbors house who's new porch light was a bit bright . I was pretty traumatized by that email and thought it was safer to stay in "crime free " serf Africa until my wifes work permit was secured . UK border control rejected my work permit due to lack of knowledge on fixing Tata's and skodas
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hey Kev, when you get to the UK, forget about horsepower in the engine bay, what you will need is horsepower in the windscreen wiper motor, hhaaaahhaaa.

And oh yeah, you that snow plough I had on the Brick, well I am happy to lend it you if need to fit it for track days, hhaaaahhaa.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

As for the Greekster, he never had a chance pervin' over the fence cause he's so short he's gotta stand on two bricks just to see through the knot hole in the panel... :mrgreen:
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

Wasn't it you standing on the two bricks to get something else through that knot hole while perving at the neighbours? :oops: :wink:
Drive it like you stole it...
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Faaark ! Who told you that? I didn't know the planet knew !

Hey, everyone is allowed to make a mistake once OK? I needed the money.

I don't recommend the exercise. Even chiuahuas leave teeth marks -just ask me.

====================================================================================

Hey Kev. Consider this lunacy break as intermission while you give us some more instalment goodies.
Bruce
Gold
Gold

Post by Bruce »

Kevin doesn't know how to fix Jaguar-Landrover and Bugatti-VW?
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

Kevin is busy... He has to work out how to open an umbrella while getting out of his rollcaged GTV. That's not an easy thing to do i guess. :lol:

Ah well, at least when he lives in the UK he can pop over the Channel and visit the Spettacolo Sportivo Alfa Romeo in the Netherlands, 24-25 August 2013 at circuitpark Zandvoort. :D And off course drive the Ring in his own car. 8)
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Kev,

Bring one 3.7 there and one carbi. The carbi is a classic and you won't want to mess with that. But the 3.7 is for your Spa and ring days. But you'll need working heater, defroster, demister, super fast wipers, maybe a dinghy and a life jacket too if you race around uk tracks.

But one thing though, are you going to have a big car garage? The weather will kill the cars in no time. Just the dampness will kill them even if they are under car covers. Worst if you live by the sea, damp salty air.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

The whole of UK is "by the sea" ;)
Where in the UK will you park, Kev?

Welcome to Europe btw. You will now have new enemies such as rust and living cost...
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

Don't forget the cost of filling the tank with fuel... :evil:
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Aaaarrrgghhh noooooo , don't tell me all this . I was hoping for mild sunny Africa days with cheap fuel, low living cost ,30 Euro track entry fee and cheap labour .
So the first problem I have rented a house in Surrey and it has no garages . Wait a second , my wife viewed the house and was happy their were no garages but it had a nice kitchen and it's here company paying for relocation so can't protest .
So plan will be to find somewhere to store :shock:
Now back to reality , what do you guys in Europe do for demisting etc when racing in rain ??
Do you just put anti fog on the inside and away you go :D
As for heater it once got to-1 degree on one of our race days . I thought the end was near when doing 180km/h down the back straight and feeling the icicles growing on my nostrils . But it did warm up to a sunny 17 degrees , thank goodness . Geez how am I gonna cope :shock:
After installing the wiper motor today , maybe you guys got some other conversion ideas ?
Joemart
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Joemart »

I have an idea.... maybe racing in SA instaed of UK could be an option??? :)
kterkkila
Gold
Gold

Post by kterkkila »

I thought that all the 3.0 GTV's were carburated, but it seems that this one got the injection system. Is it original setup or have it been swapped later?

It seems that you have a lot of thing going on with all these cars but also moving. Good luck for the projects.
Kimmo / alfatune.fi
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Yes there were a few injected gtv3.0 . These cars were sent directly to glenwood from the Alfa Factory in the 80's for some customers who wanted it injected . Probably about five or six cars were injected .
Basically heads were swopped and larger valves put in . I did have one but it did not have nearly the same midrange as the carbi version . The airflow meter was just to limited .
The wrecked gtv in the beginning of thread is a 2.5 and the owner bought this engine complete and transplanted it before his son crashed it .