Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

24v Intake Runner Base Plates

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

Hello all,

Long time no post. I am trying to track down a set of late model 45mm 3.0/3.2l 24v intake runners. I found them new from Aflissimo Intl and used from Autolusso breakers in the UK.

Autolusso said large runners are useless without the matching larger diameter base plates. Alfissimo says the base plates are the same for large diameter runners and the smaller ones. I am not especially interested in the runners... just the flanges for a custom set of runners.

Can anyone tell me if the base plates are the same?

Thanks in advance.

Vittorio
maxiboy
Gold
Gold

Re: 24v Intake Runner Base Plates

Post by maxiboy »

i have large diameter set on an engine here..

i could measure unless someone knows if you have the smaller ones to compare
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

Well I have a set of base plates that came with the 1993 3l 24v I imported from Germany. Pretty sure that came with the smaller diameter runners.... Unfortunately the runners that came with that engine have disappeared over the years.

If anyone has a set of base plates lying around let me know what they measure and or if they are for sale.

It is a shame I am so out of touch with forum topics. Good to see some familiar faces.

Thank you for you help.
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

Found this photo on the alfa156.net forum....

I guess that answers my question. Thanks all.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (124.4 KiB) Viewed 7866 times
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

I don't think there is much difference in the base plates.maybe between 2.5 and 3.0 there is a difference?

If you look at the chrome runners you'll see a small taper just before the flange (this applies to the smaller diameter runner,the bigger runner has no taper).I believe the hole in the flange is the same.
Drive it like you stole it...
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

I think there is a minor difference between the 2.5 24V and 3.0 24V base plates. You can confirm with Stephan Lenoir, but I believe he was selling modified 24V base plates for 156 V6 owners wanting the 45mm runners. Most likely the difference isn't too big and machine shop can fix that.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

I remember measuring my 3.0 164 and my gta plates and I found them to be the same but this was about 5 years ago .
Cant remember what the 2.5 was but I'm sure it was different . The internal diameter of the 45mm tube at the flange is 43mm as I have some in my workshop along with my spare gta motor ( in kitchen :D )
As 75evo said you can see the smaller intake runner bell out at the base while the 45mm id tubes go dead straight .
Have anyone checked if there are different part numbers to the intake runner gasket ?
heavypoet
Silver
Silver

Post by heavypoet »

Perhaps this is a bit offtopic, but ...

I've seen these throttle bodies on Alfabb.com.

Is it possible to drill in half the original intake base plates, add bushes and throttle blades and do something similar?
Attachments
IMG_0757.JPG
IMG_0757.JPG (105.13 KiB) Viewed 7671 times
IMG_0755.JPG
IMG_0755.JPG (108.86 KiB) Viewed 7671 times
IMG_0752.JPG
IMG_0752.JPG (110.37 KiB) Viewed 7671 times