Keith
Silver
Silver

What front pipes to use with SZ headers

Post by Keith »

I have a set of the stainless SZ headers, will these bolt up to the "euro" front pipes or do I have to have the front pipes custom made on the GTV6?
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

No you need to make custom pipes. The flanges from the euro pipes are too small I believe.
nizam
Silver
Silver

Post by nizam »

I have SZ headers. My v1.0 downpipes were recycled 164S downpipes/flanges. They have the right bend, but had to be modified to fit correctly into the Milano (and GTV6) chassis.

Five years on, it was time to build it "right". I bought a set of 2" mandrel bends from burnsstainless.com and re-used the 164S downpipe flanges. The results were surprising -- I didn't think I'd feel any difference whatsoever. The 164 downpipes were 1.75". My new pipes are 2". On an uphill run yesterday, the car seemed to pull beyond 6,500rpm, usually where it flattens out. That was the only change I made to the car.

My suggestion is, if you have a 3.0 that has been warmed over, get some 2" mandrels (stainless if you can swing it), some flex joints, and some 164 flanges. It'll both fit the SZ headers as well as give you the flow the engine needs.
Keith
Silver
Silver

Post by Keith »

I have had problems fitting theSZ headers on my 2.5. The flange hits the steering rack on the right side and one of the tubes rub on the left front fender bracing. The motor mounts are new, anyone else have this happen?