x-rad
Verde
Verde

ECU programming

Post by x-rad »

I just purchased an ECU (49$) bosch # 0 280 001 132. I think it's for 2.5L Milano. BUT, I need an ECU for a 3.0 (Bosch #0 280 001 134).
Since I can't find one.......

1. Are the chips reprogrammable?
2. Replaceable with preprogrammed chip?
3. Anyone know where to get one?

I want to stick with this ECU rather than buy another one, or stand alone. Also, I don't want to change the injectors or fuel pressure.

I looked through our site and could not find anything on this. Also, is "oldbottles" off the air? Can't find Greg Gordon's site anymore!
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

the 2.5 hasn't any chip inside...you can't reprogramm anything...
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Thanks for the info.

By 'chips' I mean 'resistors'

There has to be a way to increase injector time. Change a resistor..? Anyone know?
Last edited by x-rad on Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Apparently, R306 allows off idle enrichment max. Smaller value=more enrichment. I just need to find proportionate values chart...... Anyone have Bosch tech schematics??? Maybe, fake out with a subtle change of R621 temp enrichment resistor? Or injector time resistor change???
Any help appreciated.....

I think bigger injectors is easier after all..
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Bigger injectors for big changes, resistor changes for fine tuning. At least that's how I do it. I am writting an article on the resistor mods right now. I hope to have it up in the next two weeks.
Greg Gordon www.hiperformancestore.com
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

My car has no significant mods. I want to use stock set-up for the 3.0L, and just modify the 2.5 ECU to run a 3.0 with to create the appropriate high rpm air/fuel ratio. Sounds like your article will be helpful.

I gues I could always just look at the resistor bands on a 3.0 ECU and compare them to mine.........