powderhoundcd
Gold
Gold

Headlight Switches

Post by powderhoundcd »

The headlights in my GTV6 don't work right. The parking lights work fine (except one of the turn signals doesn't come on), but when I turn it to low beams only one of the lights come on. I'm going to check fuses this morning (I was looking at the wiring diagram and that makes the most sense), but where do the wires for the left hand side headlight run?

Also, I was turning the headlights on, and the stalk on the steering column decided that it didn't want to work any more. It will turn on everything (except it is hard to find the high beams), but when I try to turn it off, it refuses to turn off the parking lights. I had to zip tie the stalk to the steering wheel (to put pressure on it) so that my battery won't drain! How do I fix this? I tried getting the switches off, but I think that the steering wheel needs to come off first, is this right? Are these switch setups available?

Thanks again!

Carson
powderhoundcd
Gold
Gold

Post by powderhoundcd »

Does anyone know what kind of threads are on the steering wheel?

I'm trying to make a puller and I haven't been able to find the right one. Thanks!

Carson
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

might be easier to buy one...metric puller like you find in auto parts stores(usually have three or four hollow arms that you put the anchoring bolts through)...might need to pick up longer bolts though...don't forget the main steering shaft nut. A little penetrating oil overnight and POP, it usually comes off..

Pics show pullers at autozone and on net...run about 15-25$
Attachments
ATD-3040.jpg
ATD-3040.jpg (16.02 KiB) Viewed 3303 times
27017L.jpg
27017L.jpg (4.69 KiB) Viewed 3304 times
powderhoundcd
Gold
Gold

Post by powderhoundcd »

Good deal x-rad,

I'll go check the local store tomorrow and see if they have anything.

Thanks!

Carson