sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

a few tune-up ?'s

Post by sh0rtlife »

ok ive been useing the info at http://www.hiperformancestore.com/L-jetronic.htm
with quite a bit of sucsess..

but im sligthly confused one of wich is the retard/advance on the dist...just want to make sure first wich port goes to wich port on the TB?..its got silicone lines so i cant be sure there in the right locations...the engine itself is from an unknown milano(im asumeing 84+ due to the fact the plenum from the 83 had to be used) anyway unpluging the upper port on the TB has no effect but i did try hooking up the upper port line to the bottom port and it functioned..basicly im getting no vacume at the upper port at idle..yet one line on the dist hooked to the bottom port will get retardation and 1 will get advance..so i know both sides of the dist are functioning...i cleaned out the upper TB port with no change and still no noteable vacume..i can actualy leave it unpluged at idle and have no change in rpms

next is the timing marks on the balancer(or atleast there balancers on v8's) all i see on it is F&P and no other visable marks

and last..i have seen no referance to it sooooo...whats the adjustment on the small cylinder on the passenger side of the front of the plenum with 3 vacume lines running into it

all in all the 83 gtv6 is running a bit better and smoother but im certain theres more availible due to the dist vac line confuseion[/url]