sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

id sooooooo love to use the 87 harness i have but im 99% positive its a milano harness...so ive no clue where to hook up a few tidbits on the 87 harness...like the 9 pin at the firewall and 2-3 plugs in the interior side and that 2 wire one that looks like it runs down with the OT and then vanishes under the bellhouse(minivan is up on the jackstands i blew the rod BB's)

ill start refering to the 83 as an 81 since most of the time looking up parts or ordering parts i have to say 81 to get the right parts...83 seems like it was a transition year

40-50 sounds wide even for a mopar i recall on a mopar it being like 32-37

i layed out the spare harness and spare parts to verify what plugs where ,pluged in a fuel rail with injectors the ecu the coil, the ignition module watertemp sensors, afm, dizzy, o2, combi relay plenum with tps....what i was left with is a 9 pin with only 7 in it neer thr firewall plug and a 6 and a 4 pin neer the ecu......i dont have a wireing diagram ...yet

i went thru the 83's harness and noticed that the injection and spark are on 2 entirely seprate harnesses...the injection harness only has 2 wires that leave the harness 1 black 1 white and the spark side of things looks to be heavily intigrated to the rest of the car...............................not going to be an easy job if im stuck going that route
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

mjr is right ....check for fuel too/ first.

by the sound of things you may be well off to change to the 87 stuff even though the process is a pain....maybe think of it like an engine build for the electrical system? (an idea .... quite possibly bad..... your choice....your labor etc)

scott
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

once the pickup coil comes in on the 24th...if she is still failing and i cant find the problem i wont see any other option than a wireing swap...wouldnt be the first or last car i re-wired..just the most modern systm...just would be nice to find someone else who has done it

my money is on spark issue cause the wife was with my the last time it died(she steered i pushed) when i finaly got it to re-fire she said something about it smelling WAY rich......
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

well its installed but i noticed that a bunch of the pickup point's gaps are way off from others...anyone got a correct gap for em?
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

well i got a good long run today and stretched her legs and GOOD..nailed alot of hard corners left and right un and down hill ..did about 2.5 hours or so of driveing :lol: ...had me a BLAST....now i know i tweeked some of the gap's on the pickup so if anyone knows the correct gap lemmy know

all signs of problems are gone(or masking themselves entirely lol) with the change of the pickup in the dizzy...now i have a minor quirk atm that when cold the idle is normal/a lil low but once warm shes about 1000 rpm higher than normal.....what did i fubar this time? :roll: (get the vacume lines swaped on the dizzy? or is it a gap issue)
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

sounds like the vac lines.....you can swap these around at idle and not hurt anything.

I'm glad the pickup worked out

scott
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

thanx for the advise and points in the right direction guys...yeah i had the vac lines swaped too......would realy like to adjust the gap in the pickup if someone can pass that info along ...cause i bent 2 of the points pretty good and eyeballed em back to what looks about right
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

I tried to find something in the cardisc but to no avail....sorry but that is the end of my resources on that.

I'd make them all the same for starters......but it sounds like you allready did that.

just found the gap for the mopar dist pickup to reluctor clearance.... only .008 inch. If (if) the bosch is similar use a brass (non-magnetic) feeler gage to set the clearance. boy was i way off before :oops:

hth,
scott
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

LOL yeah 030-040 would be sparkplug LOL wich i set at 035 on my cuda's

008 seems a bit tight for the alfa...wish i had another one to check and measure